Cover King car covers

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Anyone ever use car covers by Cover King? I'm thinking it over. They seem high quality.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I've never used those before. I use a Noah from Covercraft. I would definitely recommend it

Slice

Reaction score
Seat covers usually look like seat covers. I have one OEM tan leather seat with the Pony emblem embroidered in white thread for $100 if anyone is interested. Excellent shape. Actually from 2004 New Edge.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Seat covers usually look like seat covers. I have one OEM tan leather seat with the Pony emblem embroidered in white thread for $100 if anyone is interested. Excellent shape. Actually from 2004 New Edge.

Car cover
Not SEAT cover

weendoggy

Reaction score
I get mine from carcoverworld. The one for the Cobra (Weathershield) stuffs inside a small bag and compresses to about a football size! The one I use on the Mustang is a 3-layer in/out, and I took it to my upholstrey guy to sew in heavy material where the exhaust hits the cover for reinforcement.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
And then there’s the antenna issue.
To leave on, or not to leave on? That is the question!
Wouldn’t it be nice if custom car covers came with a pre-fabbed, reinforced hole? It would greatly assist in keeping the cover in place. A little laser-fitting technology (like WeatherTech uses for floor mats) and boom! Another upgrade to market!!

Just my (unsolicited) $.02 !

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have not regretted deleting mine. I got what is called an underdash-strip antenna and it works great.

OP
OP
cobrajeff96

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Cover King does say that there is an antenna pocket, but it turns out I've deleted my stock lightning rod. As soon as I get around to the interior, to include sound system, I'm going to experiment with a stick-on film antenna for the inside of the windshield. If it turns out to be no good I'll run a USB antenna and call it done.

badass98svt

Reaction score
And then there’s the antenna issue.
To leave on, or not to leave on? That is the question!
Wouldn’t it be nice if custom car covers came with a pre-fabbed, reinforced hole? It would greatly assist in keeping the cover in place. A little laser-fitting technology (like WeatherTech uses for floor mats) and boom! Another upgrade to market!!

Just my (unsolicited) $.02 !
I took my antenna off about 8 years ago and never put it back on.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have not regretted deleting mine. I got what is called an underdash-strip antenna and it works great.
Go on…. I’m interested! Did you just unscrew the antenna and leave the base or did you cover the hole in some fashion?

On edit: PM sent

Last edited:
OP
OP
cobrajeff96

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on the Storm Proof car cover, the second one from the top of their line. We'll see how it performs this winter.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Go on…. I’m interested! Did you just unscrew the antenna and leave the base or did you cover the hole in some fashion?

On edit: PM sent
I could not reply to your dm. I went all the way and pulled the entire antenna assembly and then welded a piece to fill the hole and then painted it. As for the actual antenna it was a window mount antenna but I have it on the very top of the windshield where it is pretty well covered up by the top. and fffffffff it will not let me post the link here either. Do a search on amazon for "window mount antenna" and the one I used was by jensen marine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online