coyote swap

smokedya2

Reaction score
How many on here done One or knows someone who has done the swap? I'm in process of doing one just like to see what kind of problems you or that person you know ran into.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I assume into an sn95? All the wiring and computer for coyote engine. Holley now makes the computer and harness for them, as well as modulars. Aftermarket K-member helps, not 100% sure if its needed. Special Coyote headers into an sn95 is needed..iirc $500. Electronic pedal.

This swap makes all the sence in the world cause of power output on 87octane. Absolutely phenomenal if you ask me!! Most swappers LKQ a truck coyote and order the brains/spinal cords new for a mustang. That Holley system out now is really advanced over the stock setup. Tuner friendly, but spend $2000+ for the setup(WELL WORTH IT for the track)

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If I were to do it, that's the route I would take.

MM K member, the swap headers, the holley system, and use a truck motor for your base platform

Royal96

Reaction score
What are the advantages of the truck motor? Filing info for the future. Thanks

As far as I know, they're easier to find and are a bit cheaper. Other than that, I think the only differences are the cams and intake? Not sure if the intake is even different.

torch318

Reaction score
the truck motor is lower compression and has different oil cooling.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I have considered it heavily but decided against it ....Maybe now as the swap tech as advanced it would be a little more practical. Great option though.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Since Kenne Bell dropped any products for a pushrod 302 I was casting about for another option...and came up with the Coyote swap as an even better option!! Yeah it is a bit more money but the HP limits are so much higher & I LOVE the higher Rev Limits!!! I was shooting for 300+ HP & I will start with 426 or 435 using the New Coyote!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online