Coyote Swap

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
I've hit a crossroad in my life where I have wanted to part ways with this car and get into another car.

When you have a car you've owned for so long its hard to want to get into another payment.

As some of you know/may not know Blue and I have had a hell of a run together. Through the blood, sweat, tears and Vaginal Secretions in various spots of the car many memories have been made.

My dream car is a 5.0 with obvious reasons but why not just build a 5.0 and swap it myself?

I've been doing some extensive research these past few days regarding everything and it seems practically effortless.

---

My plan is to use an 2012-14 F150 5.0 V8 - It has lower compression 10.5 vs the Coyote 11:1 and different camshafts. Not that it makes much difference i've seen 3 builds with f150 motors making 400whp in foxes. This motor is a third of the cost of a coyote and uses the exact same wiring.

I would have to use the Coyote Timing cover to re-use accessories, a few companies have the swap brackets for the 98 AC/PS systems so that's very cool.

Ford racing makes the swap wiring kit that is 95% plug/play.

BBK makes specific 5.0swap long tubes with a 3inch collector

You can supposedly re-use all of your transmission/clutch components and I already have a Kmember too. So i'm already halfway there

Its something i've really been debating. Its pretty much the only thing my car needs to reach perfection IMO - the build 2v is getting old and obsolete in today's age.

Parts could be gathered for around 4,000$

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
c0e2631fcfba5902445015bc092493b6.jpg

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Have at it, it's just gotten so affordable to be sitting there with so much powah! And tons of reliability

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
So true! These coyote class drag racers run 10.5sec all day and haven't touched the engine all season.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I would love to see you go for it, it seems like a good challenge but completely possible with the amount of aftermarket support for the swap. Just take lots of photos for the rest of us who want to do the same thing some day!

OP
OP
W

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
I would love to see you go for it, it seems like a good challenge but completely possible with the amount of aftermarket support for the swap. Just take lots of photos for the rest of us who want to do the same thing some day!

Yeah I feel I could really do it. LMR has some awesome videos talking about their swap and it looks like cake. Their car made 430whp with a intake/tune, Granted their car also had long tubes etc.

So true! These coyote class drag racers run 10.5sec all day and haven't touched the engine all season.

Yeah they beat the shit out of their cars every weekend, Mine would just be cruised and occasionally beaten up on haha

Have at it, it's just gotten so affordable to be sitting there with so much powah! And tons of reliability

I think i'm going to start gathering up the smaller parts first, swap brackets and headers etc

Swap it. Post progress.

If i decide to fully move forward, i'll go revive my build thread that has a few inches of dust on it.
c0e2631fcfba5902445015bc092493b6.jpg

Maybe the duck should help with funding too?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wrong duck. That would be the afflac duck!!!! Lol

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Extremely glad you posted this. If you go through with it, post LOTS of pics. Its the swap I want to do as well, and it does seem pretty easy. The SN swaps I've seen have used factory sn95 gauge clusters too and from what they've said, it doesnt take much effort to make them work either. We can even bolt up our T45s for the time being until you upgrade later. Seems like the main issues are the K-members, headers, oil pan, and timing cover

OP
OP
W

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
Extremely glad you posted this. If you go through with it, post LOTS of pics. Its the swap I want to do as well, and it does seem pretty easy. The SN swaps I've seen have used factory sn95 gauge clusters too and from what they've said, it doesnt take much effort to make them work either. We can even bolt up our T45s for the time being until you upgrade later. Seems like the main issues are the K-members, headers, oil pan, and timing cover

Yeah and i'm already halfway there with a Tubular K - Rest can be bought.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Im tuned in! Ive already witnessed a fox swap. Curious about the sn95!

Driven by a tiny bore and more stroke than a 514cuin

OP
OP
W

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
Going to work on selling my current setup first. Trying to do some sort of a local combo deal

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online