Crank no start. No fuel or spark

Jcw4793

Reaction score
I know this topic is all over the place but the checklist does me no good. This 95 5.0 ran like a charm one minute, then parked it for maybe 2 days.. now i have no power to the fuel pump, no spark whatsoever, but may be getting air, idk but doubt it. I have traced almost every wire to the start up and such, all checks out fine. Checked fuses and relays, all fine. Obviously i couldnt check the fuel pump relay. With majority of any electronics that run when the motor is to be running is failing power out the blue, would this be a constant control relay module? I have had this identical issue with the ignition through the ccrm, on my 95 v6, but now im getting it in my 95 gt. I tried jumping the fuel pump, nothing. I hardwired the fuel pump, and wouldnt stop priming, still no start as the spark is missing. The pick up coil is even getting nothing. All i have is lights, dash lights, and gauges. Everything else is next to dead. As i run through the checklist, i find alternate issues that i havent had, but leads to the “no (whatever)” then it may be this. Everytime i check “this” everything is fine, could this be simply the ccrm module as to seeing my ignition and fuel are failing to get power?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
when you say you checked the fuses, did you literally look at every single one both under the dash and the hood or just checked the ones you thought were related according to the manual? If you have not literally pulled and inspected/tested each fuse start there. It only takes a couple of minutes and because it is easy to confuse the manual in a few ways it is not uncommon to find a blown fuse that you thought you had checked, or at least should have.

OP
OP
Jcw4793

Jcw4793

Reaction score
I have checked for 12v at the red wires at the injectors, getting a 1.5, no pulse when cranking. Have checked fuse 18 under the dash and every other one and even replaced what looked good, nothing. I have yet to check the tfi, but have ordered a ccrm with same model number and all, so seeing if that fixes the issue.

OP
OP
Jcw4793

Jcw4793

Reaction score
I have received the ccrm and didnt change anything. No pulse at wires, no spark, no fuel pump.. to be on the for sure side is the inertia switch to be pushed in? Im tied up between it being the icm or pcm. But how would the icm power the fuel pump? So im unsure, trying to figure this out is almost becoming not worth it. About to pull the motor and trans and just junk it and put it in something else. Tired of owning a sn95 for 9 years and only get the pleasure of driving one for 12 months. This sn95 situation i am in is gonna make me go for a simple setup, a foxbody with air fuel and spark. This electric stuff is garbage.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have checked for 12v at the red wires at the injectors, getting a 1.5, no pulse when cranking. Have checked fuse 18 under the dash and every other one and even replaced what looked good, nothing. I have yet to check the tfi, but have ordered a ccrm with same model number and all, so seeing if that fixes the issue.
as fast as the pulse is a meter is not the best way to check the injector signal. the way you want to check for the injectors is with a noid light and you can rent/borrow them from autozone. You just disconnect the injector, plug in the light and make sure it flashes when the injectors should be working.

The inertia switch should be pushed in, but it could be the switch is bad as well. There are two wires going to it, test them and make sure that for the first 5 secs after you turn the key on that it shows +12v. One wire is the input, one is the output so if you have power on one wire and not on the other, the switch is stopping it or bad. If you don't have power on either wire after the key is on then you have a problem further up in the signal.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Just wondering
Did you check all grounds on harness

Another thing to check is the box next to air filter and radiator
There's some relays in there and circuit board

I had found out ont time I had that box unplugged
And the car would not start no matter what
It would crank over but no start
I plugged back in and it starts up

OP
OP
Jcw4793

Jcw4793

Reaction score
Ccrm has been replaced, nothing. Next is to check the icm, but after looking at my book for hours it leads to a possible computer(pcm). The pip in the dizzy is good, dizzy is in time, ignition coil is fine, everything that delivers spark, is getting no spark. Fuel is at rail but does not prime. Fuses are all good, dash and underhood. Plugs and wires are new, dizzy cap and rotor is new, all grounds have been checked. Inertia has been checked. Have noid lighted the injectors, nothing. If the computer really crapped out like that, then I may just throw the engine and trans in something else. These sn95's are too sensitive to electronics.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did you check for power at the two wires on the inertia switch? Just ground the ground probe and check each wire with the red/pos probe after the key is on.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Rotting from age grounds. Decaying electrical plugs. Broken wires from age. TFI modules can be a pain. Everything you do has to be maliciously observe and inspected. Simple plug and play no longer applies given the age of our cars. Good luck man. Keep us updated

d.garza18

Reaction score
Don’t give up on it! Sometimes they give us headaches, but stick to it and you’ll get it solved out I’m sure of it

Adfalenski

Reaction score
Short the inertia switch wires together and then try to start the car. Then try to start the car without the wires connected to anything. this will eliminate the inertia switch depending on if it starts.

OP
OP
Jcw4793

Jcw4793

Reaction score
Found the issue. I was right, had something to do with the pcm. I had acquired a wire check thing, ran it down the harness and found a few bad wires inside the harness. Fixed the 3 wires, now my neighborhood hates me again. :) the wires looked like they were fried pretty bad, one wire was to the ccrm, one was to the icm, and the last one was to the fuel pump. Its running like a top again.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
How true. To bad nobody came up with smoke powered wires. That makes it much easier to find. :eek:
Well now that is kind of the case. The old story is that electronics works on magic smoke. Just like when your car is out of gas, when you let the magic smoke out the electronics no longer works. The "Magic Smoke Jar" is the snake oil of the electronics world.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online