Door weatherstrips

Silver95bird

Reaction score
I'm reassembling the channels and door weatherstrips on my 96 gt coupe. No guarantees anything is straight, but its as close as it was coming off. The weatherstrips don't seem to be held in by the channel no matter what I do. Wiggle side to side, forward or back... close the door and it doesn't seem to line up right, open it and it's falling out again. Who designs pieces that are held in by wishful thinking?
How do I know if the channels are right or if the weatherstrip is ever seated?

OP
OP
S

Silver95bird

Reaction score
The big one around the top of the door. The part towards the center posts hold fine but over the top of the windows it keeps falling down.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if it is the one I am thinking of you need to kind of twist it as you guide it into the channel and a little water helps it so slide in easier.

OP
OP
S

Silver95bird

Reaction score
if it is the one I am thinking of you need to kind of twist it as you guide it into the channel and a little water helps it so slide in easier.
The passenger side went a lot quicker than the driver's side, I think the driver's rail must be tweaked a bit. Some times I could put the front edge in first and slide the strip back, other times I had to do the opposite, as the front lip was too hard to get the strip to go past it. Figured it would be a decent thank you to show how it's going. Still have front end and bumpers to do yet. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20230606_192757.jpg
    20230606_192757.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online