ECOTEC?

Makoto

Reaction score
i have a 2.7 ecoboost in my F150 and that sucker in a mustang would be hella fun. i'd love to have a 2.7 TT to swap into a fox chassis.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I thought the f150 had 2 platforms. The 3.5TT and the 5.0. Wow....ive been in the dark!

A 3.5TT would be hella nasty! I believe these sho, flex, explorer guys are topping out 700rwhp with a factory engine. The weight savings alone over anything v8 boosted further adds to the desires.

Someone here should do this!

Boostr1

Reaction score
I thought the f150 had 2 platforms. The 3.5TT and the 5.0. Wow....ive been in the dark!

A 3.5TT would be hella nasty! I believe these sho, flex, explorer guys are topping out 700rwhp with a factory engine. The weight savings alone over anything v8 boosted further adds to the desires.

Someone here should do this!

In 2015 they introduced the 2.7TT into the F150 line.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I have a 14 taurus police interceptor with the 3.5 twin turbo. 365 hp in awd configuration is fun as hell. And it’s quick.

I don’t like that Ford used an internal water pump on the transverse 3.5s and it has some other little issues but overall it’s a badass motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joemomma

Reaction score
I've got the 3.5EB in my '16 F-150. It's a stout powerplant (365/420), no doubt. Runs out of steam up top, but is a hoss-cat down low. I'm guessing with some tuning/cam changes, it could be made to be a bit more lively up top. My only complaint is that the turbos are pretty quiet, and short of new turbos, there isn't much you can do to make them louder. Heck, just a tune gives around 75HP/100TQ on the trucks.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Biggest problem with ecoboosts and all the new trend of twin turbo V motors is that they sound horrible. They go fast and are really tunable, but have no personality to them.

Makoto

Reaction score
Biggest problem with ecoboosts and all the new trend of twin turbo V motors is that they sound horrible. They go fast and are really tunable, but have no personality to them.

they don't sound horrible, its just an engine. putting a V8 tuned exhaust on a V6 and expecting a V8 sound is what's horrible. people acting like a V6 should sound like something other than what it is is horrible. coyotes compared to 4.6 modulars and 5.0 pushrods sound horrible. its all subjective. my truck with its blackheart exhaust sounds awesome but thats probably because i don't subconsciously expect all trucks to have some V8 sound.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
they don't sound horrible, its just an engine. putting a V8 tuned exhaust on a V6 and expecting a V8 sound is what's horrible. people acting like a V6 should sound like something other than what it is is horrible. coyotes compared to 4.6 modulars and 5.0 pushrods sound horrible. its all subjective. my truck with its blackheart exhaust sounds awesome but thats probably because i don't subconsciously expect all trucks to have some V8 sound.

No I'm not even talking in comparison to a V8. As a V6 they sound bad to me. VQ motors from Nissan are great sounding V6s with their own personality. The Ecoboosts sound like a GM 3800 with a turbo.

Venompower

Reaction score
I think in the right project an Ecoboost would be cool, now Ecotec is GM and I'm not about that life...

Makoto

Reaction score
No I'm not even talking in comparison to a V8. As a V6 they sound bad to me. VQ motors from Nissan are great sounding V6s with their own personality. The Ecoboosts sound like a GM 3800 with a turbo.

interesting you should say that because mine sounds like a VQ to me. it all comes down to muffler choice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online