Estimated hp gain for this combo?

Code Red

Reaction score
How much horsepower do you estimate this combo will add to 302 with an E303 cam and basic bolt ons:

Victor Jr. Heads,
Performer RPM intake
JBA Headers
Magnaflow X-pipe with Cats

95conv5.0

Reaction score
damn should run ok, those heads are pretty big for stock cubic inches, and throw that e cam away and get a tfs stage one id say with that combo would make 275 hp, this is all depending on tb size, header size? cats or no cats, please state these things!

OP
OP
C

Code Red

Reaction score
95conv5.0 said:
damn should run ok, those heads are pretty big for stock cubic inches, and throw that e cam away and get a tfs stage one id say with that combo would make 275 hp, this is all depending on tb size, header size? cats or no cats, please state these things!

Yeah, I keep hearing that about the e-cam.  how is the tfs stage one for idling and smog test?   My car is basically my daily driver.  I have long commute (75miles one way), so the Stang make the travel bearable.

My TB is 70MM, the headers are shorties, 2 1/2, the x-pipe has cats.

Also, do you think I will need to notch my stock piston for valve clearance with the Victor Jr.?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
on my 91GT I had Edelbrock RPM heads (1.90) Edelbrock RPM intake (the old one) E303 cam, full exhaust, 70tb, 76 massair, bbk coldair, and the other small stuff- pulleys ect............and on the dyno 289hp and 303tq. It was a great combo it made good tq at low rpm and ran like a bitch above 3500 all the way to around 6300. My best time on BFG DR'S was a 12.39 at 114. Your combo is just like the one I ran other than your Victor heads, I think they are more for larger displacement motors rather than 302's.

OP
OP
C

Code Red

Reaction score
98blackmagic said:
on my 91GT I had Edelbrock RPM heads (1.90) Edelbrock RPM intake (the old one) E303 cam, full exhaust, 70tb, 76 massair, bbk coldair, and the other small stuff- pulleys ect............and on the dyno 289hp and 303tq.  It was a great combo it made good tq at low rpm and ran like a bitch above 3500 all the way to around 6300.  My best time on BFG DR'S was a 12.39 at 114.  Your combo is just like the one I ran other than your Victor heads, I think they are more for larger displacement motors rather than 302's.

Sweet! I hope get those kinda numbers.
As for the Victor Jr. Heads, I may have shot myself in the foot...I bought 'em because someday I want to go Turbo and possiblly even a 351. Trying to save money and not buy heads twice, I went Victor Jrs. Now I hear that may have to notch my stock pistons for valve clearance. :-[

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Code Red said:
98blackmagic said:
on my 91GT I had Edelbrock RPM heads (1.90) Edelbrock RPM intake (the old one) E303 cam, full exhaust, 70tb, 76 massair, bbk coldair, and the other small stuff- pulleys ect............and on the dyno 289hp and 303tq. It was a great combo it made good tq at low rpm and ran like a bitch above 3500 all the way to around 6300. My best time on BFG DR'S was a 12.39 at 114. Your combo is just like the one I ran other than your Victor heads, I think they are more for larger displacement motors rather than 302's.

Sweet! I hope get those kinda numbers.
As for the Victor Jr. Heads, I may have shot myself in the foot...I bought 'em because someday I want to go Turbo and possiblly even a 351. Trying to save money and not buy heads twice, I went Victor Jrs. Now I hear that may have to notch my stock pistons for valve clearance. :-[

Well you got a killer set of heads, so even if you have to make changes to your pistons I think it will be worth it. As far as the 351 goes with your heads :dancing6: :banana: no replacement for displacement.

ZimStang

Reaction score
with this:

A9L swap, Stock Cobra Intakes, Ported GT-40 Irons, E-303 cam, Stock 1.7 Cobra rockers, Pro-M 75 MAF, BBK 70MM TB, MAC CAI, MAC Shorty Headers, MAC Off-road H-pipe, MAC Cat-back exhaust, King Cobra Clutch, UPR firewall adjuster / clutch quadrant kit, MGW shifter - blue handle, 4:10 gears, A-pillar Auto Meter Gauges, 18" black DD bullitt wheels, and UD pullies.

i made 277rwhp and 308rwtq

Dan95-5.0

Reaction score
ZimStang said:
with this:

A9L swap, Stock Cobra Intakes, Ported GT-40 Irons, E-303 cam, Stock 1.7 Cobra rockers, Pro-M 75 MAF, BBK 70MM TB, MAC CAI, MAC Shorty Headers, MAC Off-road H-pipe, MAC Cat-back exhaust, King Cobra Clutch, UPR firewall adjuster / clutch quadrant kit, MGW shifter - blue handle, 4:10 gears, A-pillar Auto Meter Gauges, 18" black DD bullitt wheels, and UD pullies.

i made 277rwhp and 308rwtq

thats a good mild combo with some good numbers.

do you have a video of your car by chance? i have the same exhaust and am curious to hear how it sounds outside the car

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010