Fender Flares AGAIN

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just can't stop this burning desire for fender flares. I have been going back and forth on buying some export flares and molding them in before I get a repaint or just going a different route.

The 94-98 SN's are the only body to have no flare at all for the most part.

I was thinking how it would look with some New Edge flares welded onto a 94-98. Could probably get a 12" wide wheel in back easily with the New Edge flare.

[MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] can you chop something up? Maybe even chop in some fox flares or from a 69 :)

Export Flares
2hhkn6h.jpg

New Edge
huktar.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sounds simple enough. The way it all the pieces come together in the wheel well area though might make it harder then it looks.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the export flares look okay.
New edge flares will be too sharp.

I love the sleekness of the SNs, flares would ruin it.
I'm waiting for ttocs to get his car out so he can prove me wrong :p

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I too thought the sharp edges might me funky but it would not be hard at all to smooth the seem where it meets the car or the outer edge so its smooth and flowing like the rest of the car.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think the new edge seams could be rolled out for more of a bubble effect but since they are coming from basically the same platform the wheel well dimensions should be close enough to not be a headache.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
The Maier flares look good to me on a new edge....

Someone just needs to start popping wide body fenders

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes especially with the popularity of Pro-Touring. If there were tastefully done wide body fenders made people would build more SN's IMO. The price point can't be beat for a GT or a Cobra to start out with.

wmfateam

Reaction score
No love for the G-Stream kit? That is what will be going on my car once the suspension and engine are done.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No love for the G-Stream kit? That is what will be going on my car once the suspension and engine are done.

I don't like the front end on the G-Stream kit. Probably works fantastic for a track car, but I've always thought that 00 Cobra R bumper looked kinda goofy on SN95s.

I really want to see more pics of the Maier widebody kits. They look like that could be really nice but the only pics I've seen are the b&w pics on Maier's website.

The new edge fender lip idea is interesting but I think it would be hard to make that flare flow nicely with the subtle bulge in the body line our cars do have factory on the rear.

I still think the best way to do widebody stuff with our cars is to build the fender out to have the same sort of contour as factory, just pulled out more and more aggresive like this one:
img6595jpg.jpg

img6592jpg.jpg

My main issue with that particular car is the widebody bubble butt's curves aren't on the front fenders and it makes the front of the car look really flat. If someone can bulge the front fenders to match the rear and throw a more curvy hood on (00 Cobra R hood for example), I think it would be an awesome awesome look.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't like the front end on the G-Stream kit. Probably works fantastic for a track car, but I've always thought that 00 Cobra R bumper looked kinda goofy on SN95s.

I really want to see more pics of the Maier widebody kits. They look like that could be really nice but the only pics I've seen are the b&w pics on Maier's website.

The new edge fender lip idea is interesting but I think it would be hard to make that flare flow nicely with the subtle bulge in the body line our cars do have factory on the rear.

I still think the best way to do widebody stuff with our cars is to build the fender out to have the same sort of contour as factory, just pulled out more and more aggresive like this one:
img6595jpg.jpg

img6592jpg.jpg

My main issue with that particular car is the widebody bubble butt's curves aren't on the front fenders and it makes the front of the car look really flat. If someone can bulge the front fenders to match the rear and throw a more curvy hood on (00 Cobra R hood for example), I think it would be an awesome awesome look.

Pretty sure the fronts are flared on that red one. It bulges out if you look at it but I have to agree that this was just too aggressive looking in the rear but I after doing mine I give mad props to who did the work. I wanted to run a wider tire and honestly just for looks and still be able to drop my car on the ground but didn't really want to have a noticeable bulge. I want the wheel/tire to do the talking if someone takes the time to notice and again with air ride when I drop it down I needed the space. In the end I squeezed out about a half an inch and any more I sure it would have shown.

3443401398200364-fdffed3a33.jpg

I still think it would work but of course how much work it would take, dunno...