Finally got around to my trunk lighting project....

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have been making trunk lights for a lot of my coworkers, just making them at my cost. Obviously the lights in my work vehicle are a little more than what I do for everyone else, because no one wants to pay that much.

I have been wanting to do trunk lights in the red car for a long time and just never got around to it, until today.

Because our trunk light socket is on the lid, I used an adapter, the same one I use for all the work lights. It plugs into the socket and has two wires poking out of it. Once in place these work really well.

Then I put a strip of lights on the deck lid, then routed wiring down into the trunk and added two more strips.

I did use crimp connections on the pieces going into the trunk so I can disconnect the pieces in the event I need to remove the deck lid.

I am super impressed with how it turned out. Anyhow, pics:

I did tape over all the wire so it blends in at least.

The inside the trunk lights

The strip on the deck lid.

Let there be light!

I know I don't use this car often, and this is probably totally unnecessary, but man it makes me happy!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Now that's pretty awesome. Where did you get the light socket plug and which leds did you go with?

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The light socket plug I ordered on Amazon. I buy them ten at a time because I make them for people at work.

The lights are just a strip of Triangle bulbs LED's. I think I have like $10 in material into this, and a couple hours of time.

I did use some higher grade 3M tape on the back of the light strips because I have had some trouble with the lights falling down in the past. I wanted to go ahead and prevent that totally.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member