Fng!

GENOS96

Reaction score
Hey guys,

new guy here from Canada. Ive got a 96 with a V6 and 5 spd tranny. Currently its in the garage getting some very badly needed maintenance items replaced (water pump, PS pump, rad, hoses, all vacuum lines and rubber hoses, EGR valve....and some other crap I cant remember). The tranny is 5 spd on paper.....actually, a 4spd because the fountain of youth is easier to find than 2nd gear, so thats the next project. I bought it mainly so I could get into autocross/road racing so I will be slowly building the chassis, suspension, brakes and wheels/tires. Eventually down the road there will be a V8 swap of some sort (5L or a GM LS motor.....havent decided). This isnt my first Stang, when I was about 19 I had an 83 with a 92 drivetrain swapped into it.

OP
OP
G

GENOS96

Reaction score
IMG00170-20120426-1524.jpg
[/IMG]

Shitty cell phone pic of its current state. I am close to having her run again, once I get the power steering pump pulley on....grrrr.

RichV

Reaction score
Welcome!!

What's your road course or auto-x experience? More importantly, why the hell would you use a Mustang!! :)

No LS love here, but a 5.0 or 4.6 would fit the bill. Maybe a 351 Saleen clone. Definitely get ready for some suspension and brake mods.

OP
OP
G

GENOS96

Reaction score
Welcome!!

What's your road course or auto-x experience? More importantly, why the hell would you use a Mustang!! :)

No LS love here, but a 5.0 or 4.6 would fit the bill. Maybe a 351 Saleen clone. Definitely get ready for some suspension and brake mods.

Absolutely none, never done it before but it looks like a great time. Ive always liked the Mustang, especially the SN95s so I thought Id give myself a challenge and see if I can keep up with the Miatas and Golf GTi's :). The LS thing comes from my GM side, you cant beat em for bang for the buck and upgradeability, Ive got a lot of respect for the 302.....well see when the time comes, if the money is right I might stick in a 5L Coyote.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online