Another new guy

94GTT

Reaction score
Just stopping in to say hi. I have a 94 GT T5. Car was originally bought to do a LS swap but as I’m moving through the project I’m beginning to have second thoughts and am now wanting to keep the 5.0 and just have some fun with the car. Car needs a total rework cosmetically and new a major suspension overhaul but runs very strong so I’d like to just pull it out and hot rod the stock motor some. Either way flipping through the content here has inspired me so thanks for having me and I’ll start a build thread once I have some photos and work to show.

GTamas

Reaction score
Welcome and have fun with the project! Glad you keep the 5.0. I'm sure a lot of people here can give you some good advice on the build, but I would enjoy following your build thread, especially if there will be lots of photos included. :-D

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard; now saddle up!!

No need to wait, take some “Before” pics, post ‘em here on this thread and let’s see what you’re starting with. Nice way to chronicle your beginning!
Where do you call home, if you don’t mind me asking? You’re certainly not obligated to say, but we’re always curious how far The Stable reaches!

Cheers! And welcome again :)

Last edited:

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Welcome to the machine! Definitely toss up some before pics. A few of the guys here seem to know everything. First thing first when thinking about mods, what is your end goal? Do you want to have a car that turns like it's on rails or something to lift the front wheels off the ground or something to cruise the boulevard on weekends or ? The destination determines the route. Just like with a cross country drive, you can really make things easy or hard for yourself by starting with a solid plan that takes you directly to your destination. Without a solid plan, you'll be lucky to get there and it'll certainly cost more.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
welcome to the forums
just wondering what made you rethink an LS swap
im glad to see you rethink on it
im a ford guy all around i do see quit a bit of ls swaps on fords
not all turn out the way it was planed

OP
OP

94GTT

Reaction score
IMG_0754.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0797.jpeg
    IMG_0797.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0791.jpeg
    IMG_0791.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP

94GTT

Reaction score
I am from North West Indiana, originally wanted the car to be a no prep car but as time as went on I have completely changed direction. I want something I can drive. I want a badass street car that if I wanted to I could jump in and put 2k miles on it and not really question it. I use to want a 1k street car but that isn’t really realistic to me anymore because I know I’ll have to sacrifice things to make it work at that power level plus where would I actually use it. I’m leaning now more to just restoring the car to possibly sell to make moves towards my dream of a Terminator or maybe even doing an IRS swap and kinda making my own cross over build. I really want the car to be as comfortable as possible yet a mustang. Thinking like CTS-V vibes where it’s obnoxious but comfortable and civilized all in one.

OP
OP

94GTT

Reaction score
I know guys have accomplished build similar to what I am wanting just trying to find some inspiration.

OP
OP

94GTT

Reaction score
honestly hacking the car up is what has turned me away from it and I’m just torn. I want to LS swap something but I don’t think this car is it. From a dollar to HP stand point it makes sense but for what I want I don’t think I’ll need over 500hp

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
On face value, it sounds to me like your heart and mind really want a different car. Maybe in the long run you’ll be happiest with selling this car and saving towards the Caddy. Be a waste of your time and mon otherwise, IMHO.

Lee2

Reaction score
Just stopping in to say hi. I have a 94 GT T5. Car was originally bought to do a LS swap but as I’m moving through the project I’m beginning to have second thoughts and am now wanting to keep the 5.0 and just have some fun with the car. Car needs a total rework cosmetically and new a major suspension overhaul but runs very strong so I’d like to just pull it out and hot rod the stock motor some. Either way flipping through the content here has inspired me so thanks for having me and I’ll start a build thread once I have some photos and work to show.
Welcome

Lee2

Reaction score
Welcome

recon95

Reaction score
I'm currently tearing apart to piece by piece rebuild my 95 and I feel your sentiment entirely, my newest theme will be "what will my 13yr old daughter want to show off to her friends" because we virtually think alike but my adult brain has gotten in the way. I wish you the best and never give up on what you want!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online