Fox Alternator help

ivan12

Reaction score
So I bought a 87 Coupe lx with a 5.0 swap from a 92. I pretty much have everything figured out to get the car running like it should, the last thing I think I need is to figure out the alternator wiring. Previous owner installed an updated alt from a 94-95 but from what I can tell the wiring was done wrong. I understand that I need to upgrade the main wire to a bigger 4 gauge which I already did, I connected the wire to the back post on the alternator and routed the other end to the solenoid on the driver's side fender. What I'm trying to figure out are the other wires, all I have left are a green wire on one side of the alt plug, a yellow wire on the opposite side of the green one, and a white wire in the middle that loops back into the stator. This is what I think is wrong, looking at my 95 it appears that there should be 2 white wires, one on the plug with the yellow and green wires and another from the stator and they both go to the driver's side fender. I'm just trying to figure out if in fact I'm missing a white wire and where do both of these connect on the driver's side since the one I have loops into a stator on the alt. I've looked at wiring diagrams on both the foxes and Sn but I'm not really good at reading these, I just need someone to dumb it down for me a bit. Pictures below to try and explain what I'm talking about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online