FS: 1996 Cobra supercharged, meth, built t45

the.greg

Reaction score
My name is Greg, car is located in Gastonia Nc, just outside of Charlotte. Price is 8,800 with spare drag wheels, 8,500 w/o. Please PM for more contact info or any questions.

Up for sale is my 1996 CW Cobra. I purchased it in Fall of 2011 from Florida, it spent a year in Georgia, and has spent the last 8 months in North Carolina. No rust, clean undercarriage. The main mods include a 1.5liter Kenne Bell supercharger, Snow Performance meth kit, freshly "built" t45 from the t45 source(less than 300 miles since Street Heat level rebuild, as well as new Fidanza flywheel, Ram HDX clutch) among various supporting mods. Sale price also includes a set of 17x9 95 Cobra R replica wheels with mounted Nitto 555R drag radials (90%tread life remaining) for track duty, although I've never actually been to the track with it.

The car was professionally dyno tuned twice at Kurgan Motorsports, the current 93 octane tune resulted in 371rwhp/352rwtq on a warm Ga day at 9psi. The tune is highly conservative as the car was primarily used as a daily driver and engine safety was the goal. The car has a clean Nc title, and was registered without any known mechanical issues. The car has just over 117,000 miles on it, but will go up a bit as it is driven on nice days.

I am just bored of the car and looking to get out of the modified car scene for a while. I will not be giving the car away, I paid 8k cash for it a year and a half ago and I've between 4-5k in it in the built t45, dyno tuning, and miscellaneous other items, but the price is a little flexible.

THE PAINT IS BAD! This car shows well from about 10-15feet, but the truth is that the car needs a respray badly.

Visual Mod list: 96 Crystal White Cobra, mileage 117k, converted to black interior/dyed dash, new cobra headlights/clear corners, hid headlights and hid fogs, 18x9/18x10 fr500 wheels,fresh rear tires 80%, about 50% fronts. sequential tail light kit, led license plate bulbs),

Performance Mods: 1.5 liter Kenne Bell Supercharger, Snow Performance stage 2 meth injection system, 4.10 gears(I changed the diff fluid less than 200 miles with Royal Purple and new u-joints)03-04 cobra COP conversion- installed 8 new motorcraft coils at that time, 42lb fuel injectors, 255 walbro fuel pump, Mishimoto radiator, Moroso coolant reservior, BBK cold air intake, 90mm Lightning MAF, new(under 300miles)Ram hdx clutch, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Ford Racing HD clutch cable, throwout bearing, and clutch quadrant, BBK catless h pipe, Flowmaster catback, Magnaflow exhaust tips, Tokico adjustable shocks and struts, Steeda caster/camber plates, Steeda progressive rate lowering springs, Steeda rear control arms upper and lower, newly installed Moog balljoints, aluminum driveshaft, freshly installed Gates heavy duty radiator hoses, new 170 degree tstat, I also completely changed the coolant recently, in addition to replacing the oil cooler seals. Fresh brake pads all around, (Hawk Hps pads up front with new front rotors, under 3k miles, oem replacement rear pads)

Also the IAT sensor was replaced with a Ford Lightning metal unit that was installed directly into the intake manifold for precise IAT readings to assist in tuning the meth injection, and insuring the IAT temps stay as low as possible. I have a sct dashscan that plugs into the obd2 port that monitors various engine parameters live while driving. I use it to monitor the IAT temps, coolant temps, and so forth. It is a very good way to keep an eye on things. Also for safety the meth injection has a green led that lights up when the meth is spraying as well as a red led light that comes on if the meth stops spraying in the event of running out or any other disruption in the meth flow.

Interior: converted to black interior, 2001 Cobra seats(black leather/grey suede), Autometer boost gauge and coolant temperature gauge, led ac lights, jvc head-unit, 1999+ shifter bezel and center console, mach 1 aluminum pedals, Steeda tri ax short shifter, 03 cobra style shift knob,

The car is mechanically very sound and has served as my daily driver until recently and it can be daily driven without any issues. I can provide receipts for just about everything as well as pictures of the work/installation of most of the mods done.

Only known issues are the paint is peeling in areas, it has a minor oil leak(I haven't tracked it down, but it leaves a few drops a day on the garage floor), passenger side power door lock doesnt work, and it suffers from bumpsteer which isn't helped by the front tires being size 275w.

Note: export mirrors have been sold, car has stock mirrors now as indicated in the first two pics below.
You can view my build thread here:
Greg's 96 Cobra 1.5 Kenne Bell Build Thread

IMG_2394_zps487f48a1.jpg

IMG_2395_zpsceb72d62.jpg

IMG_2398_zps1939b915.jpg

IMG_0063_zpsa3a83268.jpg

IMG_0059_zps2a8c85ad.jpg

IMG_0057_zpsd5fc2304.jpg

IMG_0039_zps86eafcf5.jpg

IMG_0035_zpse222eca6.jpg

iphonedump105_zps7dfed455.jpg

dyno001_zps1aa1f672.jpg

1996 cobra kenne bell - YouTube

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
ahhh sucks to hear man! Why are you bored with it? Sounds like a fun car to me.

PS you should part the KB and meth kit to me :)

OP
OP
the.greg

the.greg

Reaction score
you SLUT. :'(

GLWS, brotha. GLWS.

Thanks man lol
ahhh sucks to hear man! Why are you bored with it? Sounds like a fun car to me.

PS you should part the KB and meth kit to me :)

I think I am not the type of person to have a "quick" car. I had a 98gt before this and I felt like I needed something fast, but now that I've experienced it I guess I'm realizing it doesn't really do it for me personally. Its kinda hard to explain. I have only put 300ish miles on it since I bought and installed over $2,000 worth of transmission upgrades, I've just somehow lost the desire to drive it. I'm honestly happier dd-ing my Corolla lol.

I honestly haven't even considered parting out the kb/meth kit, might look into that, but probably not worth it lol.

:(

you best stick around though greg!

Thanks man, I'm sure I will stick around. I like this forum :)

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I had the cash, I wanted the car back when the previous owner had it and almost traded him my SRT4 at the time... I miss my old seats :( lol

TanTop94

Reaction score
Is everyone selling there cars on here now?? Yall couldnt of done this when I was actually in the market? bwah! GLWS! Nice car!

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I think I am not the type of person to have a "quick" car. I had a 98gt before this and I felt like I needed something fast, but now that I've experienced it I guess I'm realizing it doesn't really do it for me personally. Its kinda hard to explain. I have only put 300ish miles on it since I bought and installed over $2,000 worth of transmission upgrades, I've just somehow lost the desire to drive it. I'm honestly happier dd-ing my Corolla lol.

I honestly haven't even considered parting out the kb/meth kit, might look into that, but probably not worth it lol.

:)
That makes perfect sense. I understand your reasoning. If its not really your thing than no reason to keep it around really. I like fast cars, not crazy fast just enough to get around. Wow you really haven't driven it at all; and that's one stout transmission from the source. Hahahaha I know exactly what you mean; I drove my old corolla (still in the family) for a few days and loved it! If its not your thing than I don't see why not.

Yeah your car might be worth less to someone if you don't include the KB, although it might scare some people.
If the car doesn't sell you should consider selling me that set up :) mild enough for my needs. I'm it will sell just fine though. GLWS man!

OP
OP
the.greg

the.greg

Reaction score
I wish I had the cash, I wanted the car back when the previous owner had it and almost traded him my SRT4 at the time... I miss my old seats :( lol
These seats are amazing! Second best mod except for the kb haha.
Is everyone selling there cars on here now?? Yall couldnt of done this when I was actually in the market? bwah! GLWS! Nice car!
Thanks man!

That makes perfect sense. I understand your reasoning. If its not really your thing than no reason to keep it around really. I like fast cars, not crazy fast just enough to get around. Wow you really haven't driven it at all; and that's one stout transmission from the source. Hahahaha I know exactly what you mean; I drove my old corolla (still in the family) for a few days and loved it! If its not your thing than I don't see why not.

Yeah your car might be worth less to someone if you don't include the KB, although it might scare some people.
If the car doesn't sell you should consider selling me that set up :) mild enough for my needs. I'm it will sell just fine though. GLWS man!

Yeah its just not doing it for me any more. Its comparably mild for a street car, but at the same time it moves out hard. I'm just tired of fast cars and wrenching. Hopefully in a year or two I can justify it again, but this thing doesn't get driven enough to justify the added expense.

The point of this car at this point is that its basically bullet proof. Yes its paint needs attention, but the engine is perfectly-tuned and with the meth its 100% reliable and failproof, these kbs last forever and I have ALL the supporting mods for safety. Now that I have the built t45 in it, thats basically bullet proof as well. The only remaining concern would be the rear diff, but it was rebuilt when the 4.10s were added by the previous owner and I changed the fluid and it looked fine. Really it just needs to go to someone who will drive it and enjoy it. I'd like to see it repainted, but since I never drive it its silly for me to spend any more $ on it.

Darnit I'm about to talk myself into keeping it haha.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Greg I've always liked your car man, even if you didn't drive it lol. GLWS, hope you find what makes you happy bud. And if that's a Corrolla then rock it like no other! :eek:ccasion14:

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to threadjack but did your car have the T1 on it when you bought it!? WHO HAS THAT T1? IT MUST BE MINE

OP
OP
the.greg

the.greg

Reaction score
Sorry to threadjack but did your car have the T1 on it when you bought it!? WHO HAS THAT T1? IT MUST BE MINE

I just saw this. No the T1 was already sold before I got the car unfortunately. I believe the T1 was used as partial trade for the blower kit thats on the car. Sorry but I don't have any idea how to trace the T1 any further than that haha

Anyways. BUMP
Also my bottom dollar price for just the car, without the spare drag wheels is 8500. Would really like to see it go to a member here, yall pass the word please.

OP
OP
the.greg

the.greg

Reaction score
Bump, really tired of seeing this car sit in my garage. Would like to see it go to someone that will drive it. Price drop to 8k firm for just the Cobra, not including the spare wheels. I'm tire of the local idiots on craigslist bsing me, I really hope to see this go to a real mustang enthusiast.

Someone needs to take advantage, this thing is a steal at this price!

Professional dyno tuned, built transmission, kenne bell, meth, 01 Cobra seats, fr500s. Don't make me part this out haha!

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'll pay ya in installments lol.

Sorry man if I had the $8k I'd probably take it off your hands, I'd like a fun daily :)

Hope you get that thing sold!

OP
OP
the.greg

the.greg

Reaction score
So, how much did you let it go for if you dont mind me asking?
And whats going to be the next ride?

I sold it for 8200 and I'm just gonna roll in my 04 Corolla for a while lol.

Down the road I plan to own a ls2 gto(eventually with a maggie blower), a c5 corvette(eventually hci+nitrous), or a f/i or v8 swap miata. Very serious, these are the top 3 on my "to own" list.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online