Fuel pump wiring question

asandwich

Reaction score
I want to get some input before I go on a wild chase. I’ve added a walbro in tank pump and was gonna run a relay with heavier gauge wire to it. My thought was to use the current power wire as the relay trigger brn/pk according to the 96 wiring diagram. With the key on no power at that wire right now. Fuses good, I have not jumped the ccrm to the pump, I’ll try that tomorrow. I’m getting a p0232 but not sure if that’s because I have no pump hooked up right now. Or could I have a pats issue?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you will only see power on that wire for the first 5 secs after the key is on while the pump primes so if you were not there right after turning it, it would show 0v. You should be able to connect the two wires going to the fuel pump to pins 85/86 on the relay as the input and it does not matter which wire goes to which pin. Then just run a power wire to pin 87, then from pin 30 to your fuel pump.

weendoggy

Reaction score
CCRM supplies power to the pump driver module via the inertia switch and then activates the pump via the PCM. As ttocs said, if you want to check the pump solo, connect a known full time 12v ignition power to 86, ground 85 to activate and 12v battery power to 30 and pump to 87. I like to use standardized relay wiring, although 86/85 could be reversed as well as 30/87. Just remember what you do. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.