Going to need help with installing new Holley terminator x on 95 mustang

TrickVert

Reaction score
That is where I installed the new one that came in the holley terminator x kit and guys telling me not to put it there. Is your car boosted by chance. My car is turbo.

"Guy" doesn't know what he's talking about. Think about it: Other than measuring the AIT on each cylinder runner, it's the most accurate place to put it. Did he give you any reason for his opinion?

Yes, I have a Vortech V2/SQ at 10 PSI.

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
Iat after boost but before the intake manifold. The aluminum of the intake holds a lot of heat compared to the intake tube. Your sensor will read the heat of the intake but the air charge will be cooler and the sensor still reads hot.

I was thinking the same thing. Went I took my stock wiring harness out I seen that they installed it to the cold side of the pipe that went to intercooler to mass air they had it right past the mass air. I guess put it in the same place than.

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
N
"Guy" doesn't know what he's talking about. Think about it: Other than measuring the AIT on each cylinder runner, it's the most accurate place to put it. Did he give you any reason for his opinion?

Yes, I have a Vortech V2/SQ at 10 PSI.
No not at all but the air in the Intake is hot and it would read wrong. I had put that sensor in the same place you put yours because that made the most sense to me. This is my first boosted application so I'm learning new things or at least trying to.

TrickVert

Reaction score
Having the AIT sensor after a blower or turbo takes into consideration the heat generated by compression and any subsequent cooling (intercooler, meth spray, etc.)

It's been tested and shown that the lower intake location used in the Fox cars isn't really that different from placing it in the intake tract because when IAT is most important, the air is moving so fast, it doesn't have much chance to pick up heat from the intake. The only time I can see it being even a possible issue is on a secondary startup after a short time of the engine being off and hot. That said, I still believe the elbow to be the best option.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am using the fox location for my AIT. As much as I wanted to avoid the possibility of heat soak I also have a meth kit I hope to use so I had to have the AIT sensor after the nozzle to be able to detect the change in temp to make the change in timing. Not sure if its ideal but its been working ok so far the little bit I have had it on the road.

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
Well I started the install and removed the old stock computer harness and the ccrm box. I've seen some guys running this kit using the fox body terminator x kit and that is what I got because it plugs in to all the sensors from the holley. I've seen guys retain stock cluster for like oil , coolant temp and speed since when you take out the old harness the plug that goes to the Trans is removed as well. Im completely lost on wiring at this point. I also lost the right front abs wire because that to is in the mess of wiring from the old harness. I cant find a wiring diagram or pin out for a 95 mustang gt with manual transmission and have no clue what the 3 smallest plugs that are next to the stock computer plug that is attached to the harness as well. Im to guess they are for the dash. Can anyone help me out.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I will try to remember to snap a pic of my oem wiring bibles in a little bit. You really might want to consider getting one yourself though now that your elbows deep into this. You will go back to it more than you think. I got my orange covered OEM books off of ebay

joey408w

Reaction score
Well, I started the install and removed the old stock computer harness and the CCRM box. I've seen some guys running this kit using the fox body terminator x kit and that is what I got because it plugs in to all the sensors from the holley. I've seen guys retain stock cluster for like oil , coolant temp and speed since when you take out the old harness the plug that goes to the Trans is removed as well. Im completely lost on wiring at this point. I also lost the right front abs wire because that to is in the mess of wiring from the old harness. I cant find a wiring diagram or pin out for a 95 mustang gt with manual transmission and have no clue what the 3 smallest plugs that are next to the stock computer plug that is attached to the harness as well. Im to guess they are for the dash. Can anyone help me out.
I am in the same predicament you are in. I'm working on my '94 GT convertible, and I bought the universal harness kit instead of the Fox body kit mainly because the Fox kit was on backorder and I don't have a Fox body. I read how the Ford IAC was problematic, so I got the Accufab adapter and a Delphi IAC. I changed the coolant temp sensor to a GM style, and I'm re-pinning Holley harness to work with the Ford TPS plug.

So far, I've removed both stock harnesses, the one with the injectors, and the one that plugs into the old ECU. The same problem for me is to figure out how to retain the wiring from that one that is still needed for the ABS, the lights (I think) and whatever else was connected to it in the right front of the engine bay and the wheel well.

I just ordered a 30 page Ford wiring harness manual from ebay. Maybe that will help.

I'm in Florida too, Boynton Beach, and I'd like to know how yours is coming along. Maybe we can help each other.

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
I am in the same predicament you are in. I'm working on my '94 GT convertible, and I bought the universal harness kit instead of the Fox body kit mainly because the Fox kit was on backorder and I don't have a Fox body. I read how the Ford IAC was problematic, so I got the Accufab adapter and a Delphi IAC. I changed the coolant temp sensor to a GM style, and I'm re-pinning Holley harness to work with the Ford TPS plug.

So far, I've removed both stock harnesses, the one with the injectors, and the one that plugs into the old ECU. The same problem for me is to figure out how to retain the wiring from that one that is still needed for the ABS, the lights (I think) and whatever else was connected to it in the right front of the engine bay and the wheel well.

I just ordered a 30 page Ford wiring harness manual from ebay. Maybe that will help.

I'm in Florida too, Boynton Beach, and I'd like to know how yours is coming along. Maybe we can help each other.
I have like 98% of my wiring done on my car now. I can see if I can help . I got a ford wiring map from the manufacturer and it's a lot of wiring to go through to see what is needed. For some dumb reason ford ran the right turn signal in the wiring that goes with the right abs sensor for the right front wheel. If you don't keep that wiring together you will lose the right side marker just a FYI.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online