Had a fun race tonight

CanaryGT

Reaction score
So I was on my way back home from seeing "She's Out of My League" (Good Movie BTW) And I was sitting at a red light with my girlfriend in the car and a Black Cobalt SS pulls up next to me. I see him looking over at me and then the light ect ect and I didnt launch my car so we slowly started from the intersection and then he got on it.... So in turn so did I. I think by the time I was shifting into 3rd he was about 3 cars behind me. And I continued to pull.

So later down the street he races up next to me, slows down so I downshift and floor it. I was surprised by how much a leaped on him and continued to. After this he comes up next to me again, (im doing approx 55MPH) and then he stomps on it (i know this because I can hear his supercharger) so I downshift and I was a little surprised. He jumped me a little maybe about 2 cars and I then just started to reel him in. What pissed me off is that the two times he did this I would get about even with him and slowly walk away and he would just slam on his brakes. Twice he did this so I wouldn't look like I "passed him". I guess I could have always just turned on my Nitrous.... :rolleyes:

Anyway, all in all a great night for me. Got to go to dinner and a movie with my GF and my buddy, raced and beat a Cobalt SS (which I think might have been at least slightly modded), and now Im gonna go drink a beer and get laid. So I hope everyone has as good of a night as I did!

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Damn you! I went to Mardi Gras at Universal and got a shlt load of beads, watched the new movie Green Zone, and then when we got back home she was "not in the mood".

Fvck I hate when that happens. I'm gonna go outside and smoke a Kool right now

98GTnSC

Reaction score
wish i had a story like this. i got my ass handed to me just playing around though with an LT1 Camaro. so im now stopping all "look good" mods and saving for performance mods. 300 RWHP N/A is what im heading for!

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I think your car looks cool. It took me a while to do all of my mods and to be honest Im still glad I went the way I did. Too many people I know get these 300+ HP cars and wreck them cause they dont know how to drive.

Nick95GT

Reaction score
98GTnSC said:
wish i had a story like this. i got my a*s handed to me just playing around though with an LT1 Camaro. so im now stopping all "look good" mods and saving for performance mods. 300 RWHP N/A is what im heading for!

HAHA u think thats bad??? wanna here the two most embarrasing losses ive had? One was on my way home from Rochester when I was dating my gf at the time but now my ex. anyways stopped at a stop light and a pontiac solstice gxp pulled up next to me. At the time i didnt know they had turbos but it was a 0-60 race and we were head to head all the way to about 40 and then he pulled away and I was pretty pissed lol. The second one wasnt really that embarrasing just extremely unexpected. I raced my friend who has a dodge ram with a cummins and it also has a turbo. I was stupid at the time because my rear tires were bald as f*** and I started at 5 grand! spun my tires for almost 5 seconds until they grabbed and by then he was already 3 car lengths ahead of me and I was very slowly gaining him but not enough to catch up lol. have yet to do a rematch to this day haha...

snoball

Reaction score
Cobalt SS's are fun little cars. I have two buddies with them, one of them put down 250 to the wheels and the other is over 300. From a roll, they are tough little cars to beat in a stock or lightly modded car. The one with over 300 walks away from me LOL he surprises alot of people.

Cox98Gt

Reaction score
yea those superchargers for those cars get nasty

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snoball said:
Cobalt SS's are fun little cars. I have two buddies with them, one of them put down 250 to the wheels and the other is over 300. From a roll, they are tough little cars to beat in a stock or lightly modded car. The one with over 300 walks away from me LOL he surprises alot of people.

That doesnt suprise me...300 at the wheels in that small car is not too bad, Theyre about 2900 lb curb weight so I would say it would take 330-340 rwhp in a mustang to stay with him from a roll.

Cox98Gt

Reaction score
i think i had a stock solstice mess with me the other night because we we going thought traffic and he was all over me then it open up i down shifted and he didnt follow.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Snoball said:

That doesnt suprise me...300 at the wheels in that small car is not too bad, Theyre about 2900 lb curb weight so I would say it would take 330-340 rwhp in a mustang to stay with him from a roll.

Yeah Thats why I was a little surprised.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online