Handz Detailed: 2006 Porsche 911 Black *OMFGSWIRLS* + LC Hydro-Tech Pad Demo!!!!

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This is a Tale of Sadness, Frustration and Success all in the span of a 36 hours. Read more to hear this tale!!!

So Autogeek.net Picked me to Demo some new 6.5 inch Hydro-Tech pads from Lake Country. These are brand new and just popped on the market. They sent me a Cyan Cutting pad and a Tangerine Polishing Pad.

At first i looked at these pads and said "***!?!?! These pads are WAY too stiff"..... Yes, they are hard and stiff pads but finish UNBELIEVABLE. they both finish amazingly clear and perfect, They also use less Polish because the foam is designed to work with water based products!!! Even on this Soft Porsche Clearcoat, that pads finished AMAZING!!!

THANKS AUTOGEEK.NET FOR CHOOSING ME TO DEMO YOUR NEW PRODUCTS!!!!

IMG_1870Small.jpg

Here is the Tangerine Pad next a CCS Orange Cutting pad....see the different in color?

IMG_1875Small.jpg

The owner contacted me Via Local car forum for a detail job. He stated that the car was a 2006 Porsche 911 with on 17K miles on the clock. He had stated that the car had visible swirl marks while in the sun. The owner had just bought the car a few weeks before (Used) from a Porsche dealer in So Cal.

I Told the owner i would need to see the car to give a quote because paint correction is impossible to quote via phone. Because the owner lives in West LA and I live in Orange County it made it difficult for the owner to swing by so i could do a Inspection. Because of this, i told the owner that i would write up a work order and we will finalize thing saturday morning for drop off and sunday evening for pickup.... It only has 17K on the clock and was bought from a dealer... whats the worst it could be right?

So the car arrived. and i looked at the swirls and they looked kinda bad..... But i new deep inside that there was filler covering MASS amounts of damage....

Wheels:
- CG Jetseal 109
- Mequires Deep Crystal
- Eagle 1 Tire Shine
- Adam's Invisible Undercarriage

Underhood:
- Simple Green
- SmartWax NuShine

Interior:
- Scotch Guard
- 1Z Cockpit Premium
- Invisible Glass
- Gummi Pflege Stift 'Rubber Care Stick'
- Xymol TREAT Leather Conditioner

Wash:
- Adam's Shampoo (For Wheels)
- CG Citrus Wash+Gloss
- Natural Sea Sponge

Clay:
- CG Medium Claybar
- CG Luber

Paint Correction:
- Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 w/ LC Hydro Tech Cyan Pad
- Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 w/ LC Hydro Tech Tangerine Pad
- CG DEEP REFLECTIONS XP- 1 By Hand

Protection:
- Meguires Synthetic Sealant
- CG Pete's 53' applied Hand (2 Coats)

Plastic Trim
- 303 Aerospace Protectant
- SmartWax NuShine
- Gummi Pflege Stift 'Rubber Care Stick'

Here is the car when it Arrived

IMG_1890Small.jpg

IMG_1878Small.jpg

Baked On Brake Dust I had to clay to remove this.... :(

IMG_1908Small.jpg

So I washed the car and clayed it as usual........

IMG_1932Small.jpg

IMG_1910Small.jpg

IMG_1915Small.jpg

This is when i realized I had a WAY bigger job ahead of me than i thought..... How did all these swirls appear on a 17K mile car!?!?!?!

IMG_1887Small.jpg

IMG_1896Small.jpg

IMG_1918Small.jpg

IMG_1920Small.jpg

.... At this point i cried a little bit for a few reasons....

The main reason being that this Job need WAY more time. If i would have been able to see the car in person, i would have told the owner that this was a 3-4 day job instead of a 2 day job..... I knew right then, that it was going to be a long weekend. By the time the wheels were fixed and the underhood and car was clean it was already the afternoon. So i too my lunch break and went to go by 16 cans of Red-Bull. I knew if i busted my *** and didnt sleep that i could get it done. I really wanted to get cool pics of this car but i knew i had to put the camera down and concentrate.

The next 24 hours were kinda a blur. It consisted of a can of red-bull every hour, LOTS of buffer time, and Power naps here & There.

After pulling it into the garage....here is what happened.....

IMG_1941Small.jpg

This was my test Panel....After 6-7 different pad & product combos i settled on Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 + LC Hydro-Tech Tangerine Pad & Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 + LC Hydro-Tech Cyan Pad.

Here is with 1 pass for test of WG TSR 3.0.....i knew by first glance that this was the combo was the winner.

IMG_1943Small.jpg

IMG_1950Small.jpg

That Destroyed Rear Quarter Panel.....

IMG_1946Small.jpg

IMG_1947Small.jpg

The Driver door (Hardest Part of the Car)

IMG_1965Small.jpg

Also removed the Badge for the owner..... Damn soft porsche clear even scratches with a clean new MF towel....

IMG_1953Small.jpg

IMG_1955Small.jpg

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Another amazing detail from Mr. Handz!
Excellent job! :thumbsup:

got5.0

Reaction score
WOW... Nice work man... Ok, I've gotta ask you, what do you do for a living cause you've got a really nice house :)

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I just posted on your thread over at Detailing Bliss. I thought it was you, but wasn't positive until now! Again, great work bud!

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Obsessive Detail said:
I just posted on your thread over at Detailing Bliss. I thought it was you, but wasn't positive until now! Again, great work bud!

yeah mang, i saw that post.....I am really glad you like my work!!!

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MustangChris said:
nice handz... i hate black cars. lol.

So where are your pics Mr. "Ohh I detail better than handz and i am gonna post pics that make handz look lame"

...Where the pics?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
MustangChris said:
nice handz... i hate black cars. lol.

So where are your pics Mr. "Ohh I detail better than handz and i am gonna post pics that make handz look lame"

...Where the pics?

http://sn95forums.com/index.php/topic,42925.0.html

:) notice how my headlights reflect so well they blend into the sky... ;-) lol.

handz... we should unite our powers for evil! >:-D we can pown dirty cars.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
You detail well, even a retard knows that. It's all a combination of the right products, dedication, and hard work. I think you should do what you do best, keep them looking good, while the big boys drive and build fast cars. That is all.

wytstang

Reaction score
Looks good, the CC is trashed for that many miles. Looks like it was washed with a brillo pad geez.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online