Header bellhousing interferenc in 95 GTS

Ralph Baumhardt

Reaction score
Not sure if this should be here or in transmission. When installing a 93 or older bellhousing will the driver side exhaust manifold clear the release fork. Will the fork clear the tunnel. I am installing a m7003X trnsmission and need to use the shorter bell. The 93 style has the release fork at 9 o'clock instead of the seven o'clock position like the 95. Trying to cover everything before I tear it apart

Werecow

Reaction score
I recently sold a 94 that had a full foxbody drivetrain.. engine,bellhousing, and T5 tranny. It also had long tube headers with no clearance issues at all. Don't know if this will apply to your particular situation or not but just what I had with a fox bellhousing.. Ta!!

Werecow

Reaction score
Oooh good catch @white95 !! Mine didn't have a midpipe, and I didn't think about the clutch fork being different!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Oooh good catch @white95 !! Mine didn't have a midpipe, and I didn't think about the clutch fork being different!

Learned that the hard way. I swapped to a TR3550 years ago with the FRPP bell housing and couldn’t put it back together. Had to put the T5 back in until the new parts came in.

OP
OP
R

Ralph Baumhardt

Reaction score
Thanks, Have the foxbody fork, anybody know if it will work with shorty headers or do I need the fox headers If I need new headers I will go long tubes.I just don't want to tie up my friends lift for a week waiting on parts.

Werecow

Reaction score
The one I had had long tube headers on it and GTP40 heads. I don't know what brand they were or what they were supposed to be a fit for. As far as I know foxbody and SN-95 headers for a 5.0 are the same, if I'm wrong @white95 or @evilcw311 can chime in and correct me on it...

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You may need the foxbody midpipe

Thanks, Have the foxbody fork, anybody know if it will work with shorty headers or do I need the fox headers If I need new headers I will go long tubes.I just don't want to tie up my friends lift for a week waiting on parts.

I had equal length shorties and a MAC prochamber. The SN95 stuff apparently takes a different route and could cause you issues.

OP
OP
R

Ralph Baumhardt

Reaction score
thanks, what i know is that the Fox driver side exhaust manifold exits higher and at a different angle. I think the passenger side manifold for the fox and 95 gt are the same with the exception of the 95 has the bung for the egr tube. I am going to try running a fox driver side manifold and Fox x pipe. If that doesn't work I will have an exhaust shop modify the x pipe, or modify the stock h pipe for budget reasons

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online