Here to learn!

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Hello folks, Grego here. I just wanted to pop my head in the door and give a quick intro for now until I can get some pics up and add a little more detail.
In short, I have a 2000 laser red new edge V6 that I have been working on for the last two years since I bought it.
While the body was in good shape, everything under her skin was in poor repair and seriously neglected. She's been a labor of love and a joy to work on.
I've owned many cool cars (not extremely expensive, but COOL no the less) but in taking on this project, I learned something very special about Mustangs, especially mine.
Never before have I had so many optional add-on's and cool upgrades to choose from!
Beings the red headed step child of all the SN95's, I started seeing this little unmodified V6 as a blank palette eagerly awaiting an artists touch.
Piece by piece, she's evolved into a sweet looking thing to me.
I must be a little nuts though, and maybe a little addicted.
Some people park away from other cars so they don't get door dings.
I park away so I can look at it longer as I walk to it!

I do have some issues that need to be addressed and while I am a mechanic, I do not have experience on some of the things to be tackled.
Thus, I am hoping to gain some quality insight from you good folk here, and hopefully find a place to just chill sometimes.
I'll get some pics up soon and I look forward to meeting other pony riders!
Cheers, Grego

07GtS197

Reaction score
Welcome!

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the 3.8 other than being underpowered. They do have their issues though. Still I had a 98 v6 in laser red as well when I was 16. It was a solid car that never gave me any issues.

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
Gregomatic
Sounds as if you know where you want to go! That's a necessary quality many people lack today. Best of luck to you!

OP
OP
Gregomatic

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Thanks Opal! Well, I found that to be the easy part, now...how to get there is a whole 'nother enchilada.

I've got a rear diff with some issues that spell impending repair.
Anywhere above 30 mph I have gears that sing in great harmony with each other, just not with the stereo. THAT'S gotta be addressed and I've never done a rear end before, so I'll be starting a thread on that in a few moons.

I also want to learn about everything that should be done to a car prior to installing a Bama tuner, never done that either.
*hadn't poked around, but hoping to find a thread about that.

So yeah, it's consoling knowing I've got some big kahuna guru gear-heads here to garner wisdom from!!

88stang88

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! Plenty of knowledge floating around here to tackle just about anything you point sights on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online