Hood Heat Shield

Daywalker

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find an OEM heat sheild for my hood? I have a carbon fiber hood that's been ruined by engine heat. I'm planning on having it re-clearcoated but not before I put a heat shield on it. It there another material I can install the the underside of the hood to protect heat? Like some sort of insulating lining? :help2: Thanks..

DW

G

GREG@SN95

Daywalker said:
Does anyone know where I can find an OEM heat sheild for my hood? I have a carbon fiber hood that's been ruined by engine heat. I'm planning on having it re-clearcoated but not before I put a heat shield on it. It there another material I can install the the underside of the hood to protect heat? Like some sort of insulating lining? :help2: Thanks..

DW

I have one... yers for 60 bucks shipped to where ever...

Edit... I'm not firm on the price... I can work w/ ya... I honestly have no idea how much one would go for

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
I found an entire hood, heat shield and all on the "Bay" for $60. I'd still rather just have the heat shield instead of the whole damn hood. Does it have everything I'd need to fasten it to the underside of this hood? It's already got the holes, what else would I need? :dunno: Thanks...

G

GREG@SN95

Daywalker said:
I found an entire hood, heat shield and all on the "Bay" for $60. I'd still rather just have the heat shield instead of the whole damn hood. Does it have everything I'd need to fasten it to the underside of this hood? It's already got the holes, what else would I need? :dunno: Thanks...

uh... the clips... plastic suckers you can buy @ autozone etc...

I think I still have mine...

Like I said... I have no idea what they go for... If you can find one (any 1994 ford) then post up a link and I can go that... I don't need it... I'll be buying a new hood and I won't use it... So I'll let it go for what ever price they go for + whatever shipping might cost

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
Well, I ended up picking up a Hood Liner made by Dynamat. It supposedly works really well, but I don't have my hood back from the paint shop yet so I don't know. But I'm sure everything will be all gravy by the end of this week....:dancing6:

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i havnt had mine on for 3 years with no problems what so ever. looks waaaayy better with it off in my opinion!!

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I haev one at home id give ya but im over seas. You could buy that insulating stuff, silver on one side and the tarpaper style on the other, try a home hardware store like home depot or what ever.

G

GREG@SN95

ju015dd said:
i havnt had mine on for 3 years with no problems what so ever. looks waaaayy better with it off in my opinion!!

yeh i took mine off... but i also took extra good care of my car...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99