03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial. This will definitely help me quite a bit while working with electronics...

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Great job on the instructions and explanations Scott. I will definitely refer to these when I'm dealing with electronics.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am open to constructive criticism down to little typos/misspellings and all the way up to what else would you like to see? Trying to make the area as informative as possible. With all the different types of connectors out I thought it would not be bad to show the good/better/best way to do it and what connectors that should NEVER be used in a car.

Mustanger

Reaction score
GOOD JOB! A little correction however ...in this paragraph the last entry says VDC instead of VAC... and possibly use the term AC VOLTAGE instead of AC CURRENT it might confuse newbies later when you show how to measure AC & DC Currents (if you do & I hope so!) Just change that part & it's perfect!!! Thanks a lot & I wish I could turn the dial & make you well! I will keep praying for a healing for you! Walt

"Fluke meters have long been known as one of the best in the industry and its what I use. So now if I asked you what that meter was ready to measure(assuming it has test leads in it). If you look closely at the dial in the middle you can see it is pointed towards a voltage but is it AC or DC? Flukes like to designate the ac/dc difference with a squiggly line above the "V" to show it as ac current and a straight line with a few small breaks in it for dc. So to answer my question as to what that meter should measure fi it had leads in it? its measuring ac voltage and this can be confirmed in the screen on the right hand side where it says Vdc.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well thanks for the kind words man it honestly means a lot to me. I try not to dwell on it too much but it is daily thing as I am now typing this hooked up to an IV... Even better yet mom is on the other side of the building also hooked up with vertigo issues.. But I am going to see what I can dig up to show how to measure voltage/current on this today to kill some time. I also made a wire connection/splicing/soldering page if your proof reading any more today.

Mustanger

Reaction score
You are one of the premiere members on here TTOCs! We all enjoy your posts & you have so much knowledge & so many skills! Thanks for these kind of posts that are going to help a whole bunch of folks! Keep it up as you feel like it. Doing great!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I added a new section finally in the original post, its noted on the bottom where the new stuff begins. I have not had a chance to proof read it yet so its probably horrible as usual. Any questions?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good info on the ohms. I always tell people to check that when working on projects, they never have any idea what I am talking about!

Werecow

Reaction score
Dude! I just got a good (for me) multimeter, if there's anything you can think of to add to this sticky I know I'd really appreciate it!! I'm reviving this cause idk if any of our newer members know of this lil nugget that they can use as a resource for their toolboxes!!