I have a few weird issues I need to figure out solutions too.

DaddyWicked

Reaction score
1. When it is really hot (100 degrees plus) outside, the car will slightly run hot; at the same time the oil pressure drops really low. Sometimes the oil pressure will go normal, the car will not run hot. They both happen in concert with each other. seems to me one is directly related to the other. One goes high; the other low. or vice versa. and sometimes it runs just fine; albeit with a rough idle.

2. Almost the entire front end suspension is shot. It makes a lot of noise, especially when I hit a bump or pot hole. I suspect the passenger side wheel bearing is bad. I need suggestions on what I should replace first. (I'm looking for bang for buck right now.)

3. There is an aftermarket alarm installed, I need to find the central locking module so that I can tie it all together; right now it arms and disarms but I need to manually unlock/lock the doors with my key.

4. Sometimes the ignition switch is extremely hard to turn (Think gum in the cylinder) to crank the car. (It probably needs to be replaced). Is there a easy, cost effective way to fix this?

5. There is a mysterious leak somewhere around the middle of the car that drips gear oil onto the exhaust. Creating a smoke situation at very rare times. The rear main seal is good as far as I can tell. Its too far back to be a leaking main seal.

5. I want to eventually swap the 4 speed auto with a manual.

I will not do what the previous owners of this vehicle did. (Absolutely cheapest stuff/labor/parts) they could find. I want to do it all either OEM or better. No subpar crap.

A few things about the car that I do know, (I got it for free)
1. None of the fluids have even been replaced except the antifreeze and oil. (Tranny, rear differential fluid, brake fluid, and power steering fluids.)
2. Amazingly the engine is still quite strong. It runs rough at times as referenced above but its my daily driver so I need it running and not a danger to me or anyone else on the road.
3. Plugs, wires and a single injector was replaced relatively recently. (Implying a half-done tune up.)

I need suggestions as to what to do first, what is more important that other things, and if there is any way to do it so that I don't have to worry about it.
I will answer any questions posted (If I know answers to them)

I have a sinking suspicion that its just not worth fixing, however, I don't want to relegate this car to a scrapyard somewhere.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
for the lock/unlock you need to find the pink/yellow and pink/green wires in either kick panel and integrate into it with relays wired correctly to keep from blowing the circuit. By correctly I mean you need to identify the master and slave side of the wires and have the correct side of the relay to go to the correct side of the wire.

OP
OP
D

DaddyWicked

Reaction score
Sorry for seeming like a noob, however, how do I find out which is which. I'm new to the whole Ford family and specifically, the Mustang. I want/need to learn as much about this car as possible. I have done a little research, including purchasing the Haynes Manual for this specific car.
I suppose I could check both but, where do I find a place where I can do this without interrupting/disabling the system. As it stands I need to have the car armed at all times (The neighborhoods this car sits are sketchy at best)
I wouldn't mind removing this entire thing and going with either a Viper system or reverting back to factory.
I don't like that I know nothing about this damn system.
(I like the pretty blue light in the dash. It tells me what, if anything, has happened to the car while I wasn't watching it.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online

No members online now.