I need a little help with nitrous tuning

bricknick

Reaction score
I've got a 1995 Gts 5.0 stock motor with an edelbrock upper n lower intake and underdrive pulley stock headers but catless xpipe and mufflers. The car also has a haswhat I'm told is a zex fogger kit jetted for a 75hp shot wired for wide open throttle. I know it goes right into the air inlet hose before the throttle body so I think that's a fogger kit. Im throwing a tune up at it this week. I just ordered the msd cap, rotor, wires, msd coil and e3 plugs. Now I bought the car with all those upgrades, now the kid I bought the car from only sprayed it twice which I know is true because I know him personally real well. He told me to me to make the car safe for the spray it needs to have the timing retarded and the plugs changed. I know about the timing, my question is does anyone have recommendations for the timing? And will these new E3 plugs I just bought work?

Chris111

Reaction score
I would first verify the jets that are in the setup now just to be safe.

The plugs will need to be changed for a colder heat range. I prefer ngk pligs but everyone will have a preference. The plugs will not be correct if they are stock heat range.

Most at kits will recommend 1.5-2 degrees of timing removed for every 50 horsepower added. This is a guide with many variables but generally safe for pump gas cars.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
It's considered generally to acceptable to retard 2* for every 50 HP from a shot of nitrous as mentioned. Running premium. Please let us know what nitrous kit it is. Wet or dry and bottle pressure will affect the efficiency of the shot.

As mentioned, you will want to run a colder plug such as a Autolite 24 (please someone verify, I am used to mods) copper core.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online