I NEED HELP

theponyfactor

Reaction score
Dont know if I posted about this here, but I've posted everywhere else and nothing has worked...

As you may know I have a 1995 v6 mustang. I recently started noticing that the car shakes/shudders mainly at 35-40 MPH when it shifts. It ONLY does it when you accelerate pretty slow, also going up hill makes it worse. If I floor it, it shifts and feels just fine. So my first thought was a U-Joint, so I took it in for that, had one of them replaced, he said the other one was fine. STILL does it. Next we figured maybe it was something with ignition because of how inconsistent it is and since it poppin the check engine light on, I figured it could be the plugs/wires. So I just replaced those and it's still doing this!

So now I am kind of out of ideas. I've talked to the local guy that I take the car to and also a Ford dealer this morning and they both said plugs/wires...

If you have any ideas please throw them at me, I'm getting really sick of this. :help2:

OP
OP
T

theponyfactor

Reaction score
well i had the head gasket replaced like 2 years ago because it was leaking.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
my car has been shaking terribly at certain RPM's... alot of guys on here as well as a few others have told me that it is most definitely my motor mounts...

S

scarface

my windstar has the 3.8 auto and it does the same thing... The problem is the tranny shuddering on mine.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking tranny also. also could be the plug's/wires causing misfiring.

welcome to the 12 year old car club. :)

OP
OP
T

theponyfactor

Reaction score
ugh...so i guess if thats the case, now what. do i keep driving it? i mean it only has 50,000 miles on it

S

scarface

theponyfactor said:
ugh...so i guess if thats the case, now what. do i keep driving it? i mean it only has 50,000 miles on it
My vans been doing it for 45k miles now...hasnt gotten any worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online