Is it possible to start a 4v

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
in a junkyard mark 8? like if I went to pick n pull with a battery, and some fuses and some more sh1t? I dont exactly know how I would get the car to run, because dont they have, something to where you HAVE to have the key?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you mean PATS, as in Passive Anit Theft system, only 1998 Mark VIII's had it.

As far as "some fuses and shit" starting it, you would need whatever you normally need to start a car to start it. I'm not going to go into how to remove an ignition lock cylinder online for obvious reasons, but if the key isn't there, and they dont care, you can start a 97-older Mark VIII the same as any other non-protected car without the key.

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Thank you that is all I needed to know. I just said the fuses and stuff,cause a lot of cars are missing the fuses and what not. I know I need fuel spark and compression to get it to run so hopefully they will have plugs and wires, and I'll bring the rest.

cntchds

Reaction score
The ignition lock cylinder, if like the Mustang's, can not be removed without the key and you would need to do some finicking under the steering column to make it work... I could show you how if you ever get your lazy ... to San Jose.

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
I have a friend....im sure he knows a way to fandangle it.

BraMas

Reaction score
If the car is in a Junk/pick and pull it wont have any fluids in the engine. I personally wouldn't try to start it in the yard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAR_19

Members online