Slow to start on Non-Ethanol gas

b1pig

Reaction score
Early last week, I stopped at a station to fill the car up. Decided it might be a good idea to fill it up with non-ethanol gas this time. Never know for sure when I will drive the car... however....

This past week I've driven the car several times. Since then, the car has been much slower to start up. Previous to the fill up, on a cold start, the car would fire up within about 1.5 seconds. Warm starts, usually a little quicker. This week, it has taken noticeably longer to fire up. Closer to 2 full seconds... even when warm. I have not tried putting the fuel pressure gauge on to test the fuel pressure yet, but I'm curious how this older EFI adapts. How long it has been running on E10 fuels. The car was built before ethanol blends were a thing.

Come to think of it I might need to order that fuel feed line and swap it ... just in case...

I'm wondering if anyone else saw this as a fuel related issue.
More or less thinking out loud. I mean... with my luck it would make perfect sense for something major to fail on the car since I just put a whole new interior in the car.

joemomma

Reaction score
Interesting. I haven't tried any pure gas in the car since I've had it. I typically run 93 E10. I've actually been meaning to turn the timing back down to stock to make running 87 feasible. If I do this I'll get some pure gas and test.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.