its time for me to lower my times, need sugestions

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by shrades79, Jul 12, 2007.

1. shrades79

shrades79 Member

Well its about time i get some power and speed to back up the looks of my stang. All my friends have newer modular engines with low miles and are shooting nitrous or getting blown. the slowest car that one of my friends own is a 13.4, my best time ever is a 15.2 with the mods in my sig. My car has about 120,000 on the odometer, the 5.0 is old and tired. i wanted to know what kind of options im looking at here, i always wanted to do H/C/I but i dont know if itll be worth the money for as many miles as i have. I know i probably wont be able to put any boost through it either. Lately ive been thinking about a crate engine from ford racing? i dont really know how much the 5.0's can take so let me know what you think i should do, thanks

2. ripper

ripper Well-Known Member

I would do the h/c/i. Worst senerio is you could break somthing in the rotating assemby. With the new upper you would only need a rebuild or a shortblock. Get a good quality set of heads and cams. There is a cobra intake for sale in the classifieds. I think he wants 200 for it.

Also I would think the 15.2 is a little off for your car. Im sure other guys will chime in with the correct et's for your mods but im thinkin its slow.

3. 95Grandtouring5.0

95Grandtouring5.0 Well-Known Member

Stock blocks can handle about 500rwhp with a GOOOOOOOd tune. Any more and your asking to crack that block.

4. shrades79

shrades79 Member

i would be plenty happy with 300 or so, im jus curious if its a good idea for H/C/I or save the money and get another motor that could take it?

5. stang94X

stang94X Active Member

15.2 is horrible, you should be around 14.5-14.6 just cause of the 4.10's and headers back exhaust and thats given for not having traction with street tires, drag radial probably take ya to low 14's, but if you want to go faster, either boost it or do a H/C/I, personally i would do a H/C/I first

6. quickstang_1994

quickstang_1994 Well-Known Member

Check compression, if its good then add a blower (centi). If you need a motor then start with a dart block.

7. shrades79

shrades79 Member

what would be good for compression on our cars?