June 2011 ROTM * Dutch *

CanaryGT

Reaction score

After getting bored with my '94 5.0 I started looking for a cobra. Finally found this white '96 through the UK MOC and the owner agreed to drive it over to Holland. It's a Japanese export mustang, and was a 20 footer with the stock white paint letting go everywhere. But the choice of mustangs in limited in Europe, so I started to make her mine very soon!

Removed all major export parts (flares, mirrors, tails, fillercap, etc). Added the Saleens, magnaflow X and some more parts. Got bored again and hated the crappy paint, almost sold the car but decided to stick with it and repainted her last winter.

Diff was due to a rebuild and the catback was still stock, so instead of shelling out for a rebuild I decided to get rid of the bouncy stick axle all together and bought an '03 IRS from Texas, and all the parts needed for the swap; catback, new FRPP driveshaft, brakelines, etc. Bolted some '03 front arms in and welded full length subframes in to complete the change. World of difference that I would recommend to any cruiser/daily SN95.

Hated the flowmaster catback from day 1 and got some Borla Stinger mufflers, which I love. From here on, the future is unclear, I'd love to get some new black carpet in place of the old peanut butter and some '03 cobra seats. Maybe a kenne bell if I don't get bored again....

Thanks to everyone for their support, help, and love on this great forum. It's hard owning and maintaining a mustang in Europe, but you guys make it a lot easier!

Nick

RideThePONYgt

Reaction score
I love that car. You definitely derserve ROTM Dutch. If you're ever in the states id love to see her in person as im sure the rest of the guys on the forum would. That Cobra has come a long way, and gets cleaner and cleaner in every picture. Way to stick with it man congrats.

VT_svt

Reaction score
By far one of my favorite Cobras on here. Congrats man, well earned and well deserved

bigkeeko

Reaction score
Looking good Dutch. True about the Mustangs in Europe thing. Can`t just pop out and buy parts or find anyone who knows anything about them. Everything has to be shipped across the Atlantic.

Well done mate. Top motor car.

dutch

Reaction score
Thanks Keeko! Love yours too, if it were a manual, I?d swap it in a heartbeat lol.

I have a build thread somewhere in the build up forum

bigkeeko

Reaction score
dutch said:
Thanks Keeko! Love yours too, if it were a manual, I?d swap it in a heartbeat lol.

Well Dutch, if you`re on the lookout for a manual give me a shout anytime mate. Theres always one or two in the UK I could help you with. There was an 03 Terminator going only 2 days ago with 45k miles and there is a 2004 Mach 1 going now (manual) with on 20k miles. Immaculate 2nd cars, garaged and babied.
Like I say, if you`re looking to buy anytime, gimme a shout. I`ll help you out.

95LX5.0

Reaction score
I have a set of Cobra SVT wheels for sale if anybody is interested,if so give me ur email and i will send some pics

dutch

Reaction score
What the hell Keeko? With the mustang?! I assume you will tell me whenever you're here with the mustang!!

wldtang:

DSC_1631.jpg

DSC_1635-1.jpg

DSC_1687.jpg

DSC_1833.jpg

DSC_1853.jpg

DSC_1841.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member