Just bought a 94 Cobra!! Need Help!

christopher perez

Reaction score
Hello all! I just purchased a 94 Mustang Cobra with 60k miles. It has 373 gears and a flowmaster exhaust. I'm thinking i am going to go naturally aspirated. I will list below what i plan to purchase and you guys can let me know if i can do better for a specific part. Before i begin though i would also like to ask if upgrading injectors is necessary if i'm going NA? See below and let me know please!

Accel 24LB injectors (need bigger injectors?)
BBK long tube headers
BBK 75MM throttle body
Pro-M 75mm Mass air meter
BBK Fenderwell CAI (Any good?)

Should i add anything else to this list?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome!!! Tell us what your plans are with the car. It’s hard to help you lay out a parts list if we don’t know what you ultimately want the car to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

christopher perez

Reaction score
Welcome!!! Tell us what your plans are with the car. It’s hard to help you lay out a parts list if we don’t know what you ultimately want the car to be.

Thanks! I plan to drive the car around 2k miles a year. It’s not my daily driver, I just have always wanted one. I will be taking it out usually on the weekends and just having fun with it. I obviously want to make it faster but I’m not looking to build a 10 second car either lol.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! I plan to drive the car around 2k miles a year. It’s not my daily driver, I just have always wanted one. I will be taking it out usually on the weekends and just having fun with it. I obviously want to make it faster but I’m not looking to build a 10 second car either lol.

So weekend toy. What’s your plan for playing around? Drag, auto-x, light to light, all or none of the above, or you just simply enjoy driving??

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
24 lb injectors are plenty if your not going to go crazy with it. Also the throat to the cobra intake is only 70 mm wide so a 75mm doesn't really do much more then the 70 unless you are going to do some work on the throat to widen it.

OP
OP
C

christopher perez

Reaction score
So weekend toy. What’s your plan for playing around? Drag, auto-x, light to light, all or none of the above, or you just simply enjoy driving??

Weekend toy and probably some quarter mile fun here and there. I would like to atleast get to the 12s

OP
OP
C

christopher perez

Reaction score
24 lb injectors are plenty if your not going to go crazy with it. Also the throat to the cobra intake is only 70 mm wide so a 75mm doesn't really do much more then the 70 unless you are going to do some work on the throat to widen it.

So 24lb injectors are fine? What set up would call for bigger injectors?

And should I go with a bigger throttle body then? I was going with 75mm cause I thought that’s what most people go with. I’ve seen the SCT 90mm throttle body but I’m assuming that’s more for a supercharger setup.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
getting a sn into the 12s takes some work both on the motor and suspension. everybody does run the 75mm, so do I with my vortech.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Injector size is based on power out put and 24# run out at 370ish at the crank. so that is 300 at the rear wheels and that means nothing till you weigh the car and know your weight to power ratio and when you know that that you look cars that have the same number and see what they run in the 1/4 mile and figure if that is good enough or not.
Must of us hated math but now it becomes important to you and the Ford FRPP web site has all the answers and equations and it is easy to learn, just read it 3 times and start plugging in some number and try different combinations and you will learn more that most people on the site..

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can do some port work and make a 75 flow. You really don’t need to go any bigger if your boosting it. Boost will be that fastest way to get to the 12’s but you will definitely need some other stuff first as Ttocs said.

Now that we know your plans we can talk about what you need.

I’m in a theater and the movie is starting so I’m bout to shut this down, but I’ll be back on later and several others here can chime in to help as well.

OP
OP
C

christopher perez

Reaction score
Accel 24lb injectors
You can do some port work and make a 75 flow. You really don’t need to go any bigger if your boosting it. Boost will be that fastest way to get to the 12’s but you will definitely need some other stuff first as Ttocs said.

Now that we know your plans we can talk about what you need.

I’m in a theater and the movie is starting so I’m bout to shut this down, but I’ll be back on later and several others here can chime in to help as well.

For sure!

So again, my car would be looking like this. Let me know what to add or replace.

Accel 24LB injectors
BBK or hooker long tube headers
BBK 75MM throttle body
Pro-M 75mm Mass air meter
BBK Fenderwell CAI
Flowmaster exhaust
373 gears

OP
OP
C

christopher perez

Reaction score
Cobra has already 24 lbs injectors from factory.
Yes I know. Injectors need to be replaced though and so do the plugs. I’m having issues after 5k rpms where it kind of wont really pass it much. I’m hopping this may fix that issue.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I know. Injectors need to be replaced though and so do the plugs. I’m having issues after 5k rpms where it kind of wont really pass it much. I’m hopping this may fix that issue.

Plugs, plug wires, cap and coil.

Stay away from msd coils. People have mixed reports but unfortunately anymore there is more bad than good.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Get a fuel pressure meter. If your having problems at high rpms it could be fuel flow issues/bad pump in which case a bigger tb will do no good. I have a high flow pump with very low use I can sell you.

OP
OP
C

christopher perez

Reaction score
The coil worked! Fixed the issue! Should I still replace the injectors? I see that it’s under the manifold.. never really replaced injectors before. I would need to take the intake, throttle body and manifold out correct? I don’t find any instructions online for the cobra.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Did you make sure to do the rest of the ignition parts I mentioned?? If they haven’t been done in a long time they will cause problems.

To do injectors you gotta pull the cai at minimum. Probably easier to pull upper intake manifold. A few sensor harnesses, a few vacuum lines, and throttle cables. Really not hard at all and just use masking tape and a marker to label everything since it’s your first time as you pull them off. Then the injector rails are right in the open.

After competing all the ignition parts replacement I’d try running a few tanks of good gas with a high quality injector cleaner. That stuff can work wonders. Or do like Ttocs did and pull you injectors and try manually cleaning them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online