just got O/R pipe in, few ??

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by deadlast, Jul 18, 2006.

1. deadlast

deadlast New Member

i had a friend follow me home after getting my offroad h pipe installed, and he said there was alot of smoke while accelerating. is this normal since the cats are gone now?

2. Downshift

Downshift Well-Known Member

Could be from running too rich. My friend had his cats cut out and when he was running rich he was shootin some smoke out the back. As for me, I have a bassani X with no cats so its basicall straight pipe and I have zero smoke coming out, and my plugs say my fuel is right on....so check there. Also not so scare you could be oil or coolant. Your friend say what color the smoke was?

3. deadlast

deadlast New Member

i dont think its coolant, i havent touched the coolant in ages (should prob flush it soon) and my oil level seems to be fine. im probably running extremely rich. for 6 gallons of gas, i get about 70-80 mpg.... but my odometer is running fast due to 3.73s in the rear. so im probably getting 8-10 mpg.

how do i lean out my air/fuel ratio?

4. Eastcoast5.0

Eastcoast5.0 Member

Get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. If the smoke is that bad I'd just throw it on the dyno to get some a/f #'s and go from there.

5. 19Cobra94

19Cobra94 Guest

What thermostat are you running? 160 will make her run rich, O2 sensors going bad could do it too

6. deadlast

deadlast New Member

should i buy a 180 thermo?