Just got the 4.10's

xlilzeex

Reaction score
hell yeah FINALLY just bought a set of 4.10's . I got a steal on them too, this dude had an extra pair of basically new gears he needed to get rid of. Bought them for 80 bucks O0 . Whats all necessary to make sure my speedo runs right with my new gears?

gt96stang

Reaction score
xlilzeex said:
hell yeah FINALLY just bought a set of 4.10's . I got a steal on them too, this dude had an extra pair of basically new gears he needed to get rid of. Bought them for 80 bucks O0 . Whats all necessary to make sure my speedo runs right with my new gears?

DallasMustang Speedcal...$100

http://www.dallasmustang.com/page/speedcal.php

OP
OP
X

xlilzeex

Reaction score
um, what kind of speedo gear do i need for my auto trans? Does the 23 tooth gear go for manual and auto trans?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
'grats on the 4.10's.. i can't wait to pick up a set for mine... O0

S

scarface

I need gears :( I have heard that speedo gears get chewed up. Speedcal is the best way to go. 100 bux one time, or 20 bux several times for chewedup gears ??? your call.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
mine should be coming in the mail soon, but who knows with it on backorder, i heard the gears get chewed up easily im going with a speed calibrator

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I just realized i never got a speed cal...I ordered it this morning so its taken care of.

S

scarface

no its pretty simple...probably a 3 out of 10 on the difficulty scale.

S

scarface

under the shift bezel, pushed up in the dash.

If you are curious to whats involved in the install, go to dallasmustang.com and read the install instructions.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
get the rear end bearing kit while youre at it to be safe. can be had from americanmuscle.com for like $75

OP
OP
X

xlilzeex

Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
get the rear end bearing kit while youre at it to be safe. can be had from americanmuscle.com for like $75

yeah, the dude sold me it with the bearing kit, so i really got a steal on this. I looked at it really carefully, and it is honestly barely used it looks brand new. As soon as i can, ill try and get some pics of it, im unsure of the brand, but i think its Ford Racing. 80 Bucks, i couldn't go wrong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online