Keyless entry short range?

1FastGT

Reaction score
anyone else have a problem with their key less entry being too short of range like within 10-15 feet? sometimes not even as far as 10 feet like 3-5 feet?

my buddy with a 97 cobra has the same thing. is that just how they are or are our batteries weak in the controllers.

Ohgami

Reaction score
My 98 is the same way and I have Brand new Batteries in the Fob. It could be the Antenna for the Keyless that is part of the culprit. But It's just a guess.

OP
OP

1FastGT

Reaction score
im gonna try and replace the battery without damaging the fob, and anyone have any idea where the remote control door lock reciever is?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mine works from about 15-20 feet, still sucks lol just thought its cause our cars are old, even my dads new ranger sucks its about 25ft, my GFs Cobalt SS works from like 100 feet away!?

OP
OP

1FastGT

Reaction score
=( I know all new chevys work from a nice distance (im a chevrolet technician) ughhhhhhh
I hate how mine is so short range

Ohgami

Reaction score
1FastGT said:
im gonna try and replace the battery without damaging the fob, and anyone have any idea where the remote control door lock reciever is?

It's in the Trunk Behind the Driver's Side Wheel Well Panel

ddrracing

Reaction score
The newer modules actually had an antenna output that attached to the quarter panel. I think the theory behind this is that you were using the entire car as an antenna. With that in mind, i have a spare module that i am about to tear into and try and find a way to use some sort of external antanna. Might be kind of hard without a print of the board, but i'll be giving it a try none the less. If i find a simple fix, i'll be sure to let you guys know.

ddrracing

Reaction score
aftermarket alarms suck. I managed to get some better range out of my stock stuff, just by moving the antenna for the module.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i like the company directed - hornet. inexpensive and i know it works. really nice range too

Mario7820

Reaction score
I had the same problem but then i got a new batt and then it worked great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online