License plate light options

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
On my 98 I had a bulb go nuclear and melt the lens as well as damage the harness. I managed to find a NOS harness and now I am trying to put the rest of it together. I bought a complete lens restoration kit from LMR.com. It was to convert everything over to LED. The supplied "factory hardware" was garbage! Anyone else have leads on places that might carry a little more high quality? I always check with the dealer first but he is coming up with nothing available.

Jake

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Haness the license plate sockets and I believe it also part of the brake light, all in one

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Yes. Harness replaced. While there I replaced all the lens's and switched to LED lights. All good now. There seems to be a break somewhere in the original harness.

Jake

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
One of the lens and light mechanism melted down and the other one just stopped working. Seemed worthwhile to just replace everything with new.

Jake

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
One of the lens and light mechanism melted down and the other one just stopped working. Seemed worthwhile to just replace everything with new.

Jake
I got that, but you said there is a break in the harness? Are they both working now?

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
Yes. Harness replaced. While there I replaced all the lens's and switched to LED lights. All good now. There seems to be a break somewhere in the original harness.

Jake
That is great news Jakespeeds! One more challenge has been met and vanquished. Thank you for your update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online