Magnaflow Magnapack or SLP LM2 ???

Nightmare

Reaction score
so what midpipe are you saying is the best to reduce drone? you also have a 4.6, they may have slightly different drone patterns than 5.0s.

True....The droan will be different with the engines. However what is a lot of droan to some might be not much to others. None the less some cat backs sound better with different xpipes/h pipes than others. My setup tends to work for me well:Bassani mid legnth headers, Bassani off road x pipe, and borla stingers.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
for my 4.6, pypes o/r X + SLP LM2 = above 1400rpm sounded like a straight-piped chevy farm truck, trust me i had it. SLP bullets cut out and regular magnaflows welded in. Not to mention less blueberries & cherries in the rearview for noise violation.

Not sure how that works out. I have heard 2vs with it and I have the SLP O/RX with LM2s and my car does not sound like a straight piped chevy truck. Again im a 4v so the engine is more mellow then the 2vs. But its not that bad. Cant wait for the LTs. And I might even through LM1s on for the hell of it since I can.

Also the performance between an X and an H is so marginal, this should never be a deciding factor.

For those claiming droning. Remember, choosing the right midpipe has a lot to do with it, as does catted/catless. While most of the time an X is best for bullet style mufflers and an H is better for chambered style. The X is going to give more of an exotic sound where the H will give more of a deeper sound.
Plus personally Hs sound better on 5.0s anyway

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online