Manual Boost Controller

1bad9d5

Reaction score
What kind of manual boost controller would you guys recommend that would go inside the car and not under the hood. Got a 95 gt if that makes a difference, thanks guys.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Eh, may sound dumb, but there's no way i trust myself to make my own lol would you recommend any good one to buy ? :undecided:

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
just FYI:
(i know you man not want to go this route, but i'm putting it up in case someone else finds this thread with the search function and DO want to do it themselves...)

You can purchase a needle valve for ~ $10.00
shopping

then you simply slap a couple of barbed plumbing fittings on each side (cost ~$1.00 each)
shopping

Then you push on your vacuum lines, zip-tie them on, and start testing!

Pros: more specific boost settings. Cheep. easy.
Cons: no "1 PSI" click option.

This would be perfect to mount inside the car, as you can fine tune it while driving. Or it works well under the hood because its metal -- its durable and heat resistant.

All parts can be purchased at Ace or Home Depot or whatnot

Of course you're more than welcome to purchase a boost controller for $90.00 as well. Both will work fine :)

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you can route the thing wherever you want with vacuum line. Just get the vacuum line into the cockpit and mount the controller wherever you want.

or you can buy a remote digital one.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
oh okay, sorry to be a pain, its like the very last step to everything for me cause i have no clue where to get one that works inside the cockpit instead of just under the hood ya know

Wichers123

Reaction score
It can be mounted anywhere but in all honesty I wouldn't get any and run wastegate spring. That's the safest reliable way to control boost.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
oh okay, sorry to be a pain, its like the very last step to everything for me cause i have no clue where to get one that works inside the cockpit instead of just under the hood ya know

they can be mounted anywhere. they are made of metal and are just a mechanical device. ... ... plus these only air going through them, so you can mount them upside down, right side up, whatever...

any brand, any type, any boost control, can be mounted inside.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online