MGW T5 shift stop hardware size.

itsell

Reaction score
I don’t have the MGW shift stop hardware on my MGW T5 shifter as the previous owner never installed them. Anyone know the thread pitch and size of this hardware? Wanting to get it from a hardware store.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I don’t have the MGW shift stop hardware on my MGW T5 shifter as the previous owner never installed them. Anyone know the thread pitch and size of this hardware? Wanting to get it from a hardware store.
I do not know for sure, but I believe it is m8x1.25. However, it’s an all thread with a nut that goes on it. You could accomplish the same thing with a bolt long enough to put an extra nut on the thread to use as a jam nut.

Take one of the bolts out of the shifter base when it bolts to the trans and see if it threads in. They should be the same thread pitch.

Or, you can call mgw and order their specific part. They have a very good customer service.

OP
OP
itsell

itsell

Reaction score
Ya, I shot an email off to MGW, hopefully they can send it out to me. Thx for the reply. It is kind of a unique bolt, I saw from their install video on MGW’s site. It’s an Allen tip set screw that’s quite long and the nut goes over that with a lock washer. I figure it might be hard to find in a hardware store.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online