Misfire after pi intake swap

Jake-96-gt

Reaction score
I just replaced the npi intake that had cracked with a pi intake and finally got it driving today. While doing my swap a few complications came when i tried putting coolant in the engine and the rtv on the coolant ports hadnt sealed properly which led to a lot of water and coolant getting into the intake ports. when i started the car today it was a little rough but drove okay. after about 10 minutes the car started driving rough but not idling rough, just hesitation when acccelerating. I then replaced the sprak plugs and spark plug wires, found a lot of gunk and liquid on teh spark plug threads as well as pink coloring around the electrode. with all new plugs and wires as well as a brand new alternator and battery i got code p0300 for random misfire but after driving the car more the code changed to only a misfire in cylinder 6 p0306. I am wondering if the excess liquid that got into the engine during the swap could be contributing to this and if so would just driving the car make the code go away? I also put a injector cleaner in before the code changed to p0306 just to cover all the bases.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Most auto parts stores and mechanics can clear the code for you, but if you still have a misfire, the code will come back.

If any water got into the sparkplug wells, changing out the plugs and wires was a smart thing to do. Any moisture in the plug wells wrecks havoc on the ignition. Modulars and water do not mix.....its terrible!

Back tract back thru the plugs and wires, looking careful for moisture. Make sure the plugswires engage onto the plugs and are clipped into the coilpacks good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online