MOLD what to do???

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i dont know anything about vert tops so ill leave this one to tony.....he knows em pretty well.....ferrocious too if i remember

OP
OP
S

sn95gtvert

Reaction score
that's going to be my next issue, the lower area of the rear window has peeled from the glass. not all the way yet. ive heard windshield adhesive a heat gun and pressure can reattach the window to the top. im scared of getting that adhesive everywhere and making things worse.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
im tellin ya man

mustang_fire_7-13-10-2.jpg

John Nich

Reaction score
Mine blew off on the I80 lol.... had the windows open... going like 80 next thing i knew i heard the thing smack against my trunk flap around and then just lost the glass completely.

Its not too difficult to replace the whole summa***** by yourself. I did it alone with just a small air compressor staple gun and galvanized staples and about 10liters of beer. total cost around 500/600 bucks and i went with a cloth cobra top. looks great!

John Nich

Reaction score
that's going to be my next issue, the lower area of the rear window has peeled from the glass. not all the way yet. ive heard windshield adhesive a heat gun and pressure can reattach the window to the top. im scared of getting that adhesive everywhere and making things worse.

Yep, putting more "Schmutz" on the window will just make things much worse. The previous asshole that had my car put about 5 pounds of black RTV on everything near the rear window. so the rain rail was blocked by gobs of RTV and made any water that got in not drain out, but overflow and go into the back and creep under the seats....damn idiot.
Too bad you're not Near NYC, otherwise you buy the 10 liters of Heineken and i'd help you install the top.

framda

Reaction score
DO NOT USE BLEACH. Bleach will kill mildew (what grows on the sidewalk in the sun) but it WILL NOT kill mold (which grows in the dark and needs no sun light.) Mold and mildew are two completely different things. Bleach will make mold go into distress mode and shower the interior of your car with millions of mold spores. Get Microban from Home Depot and spray it on your seats first and then the rest of your interior. You will probably need to remove the carpet to get up underneath it.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Tops are easy to replace on these cars. I did a few at an upholstery shop I worked at this summer. I'd def be trying to fix the leak to prevent it from coming back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online