More power

Irate

Reaction score
Southern Ca, but Nor Cal guy born and raised
Has anyone installed a Kenne Bell on your 4v, mitigated heating issues and uses your cobra for track days? I’m getting a lot of negative feedback. But the install seems easy, the price is right. Sorry I just don’t want a centrifugal sc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07GtS197

Reaction score
With any type of supercharger, especially a pd blower, you’ll get a lot of heat. The newer blowers are more efficient and generate less heat than the older blowers. I don’t have firsthand experience with a blower car myself but have read enough to know a thing or two lol. How much power are you trying to make? You can mitigate it with meth injection or e85.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I saw a thread over in SVTPerformance where someone moved their fuel pressure regulator out of the engine bay and it helped a bunch with hot fuel in his return style system.

Another trick is to buy the largest heat exchanger you can find and run an ice tank in the trunk.

It can be done with a “Killer Chiller” also.

OP
OP
I

Irate

Reaction score
With any type of supercharger, especially a pd blower, you’ll get a lot of heat. The newer blowers are more efficient and generate less heat than the older blowers. I don’t have firsthand experience with a blower car myself but have read enough to know a thing or two lol. How much power are you trying to make? You can mitigate it with meth injection or e85.

I’d like to make 440 ish. I’m ok with the meth injection, but many people are saying it’s a bandaid not a solution. Idk it seems like you make sure it’s full and there shouldn’t be a problem but I never had a supercharged vehicle before so what do I know.

OP
OP
I

Irate

Reaction score
After seeing an fb post giving a whole lot of hate towards the kB. I came on here, tried to find the answer for myself But after a while of digging I figured I’d just ask you guys. I thought if I just added octane boosters and then had meth injection I’d be safe, but people were saying they could only drive their kb cars hard for about 10 min.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
at some point it will be a limiting factor and the weak link in the chain. how soon will depend on how hot it is already and how hard its pushed.

az97cobra

Reaction score
It seems like the most impactful drawback would be the added weight to the already heavy front end of the car.

MICHAEL PENDRISS

Reaction score
After seeing an fb post giving a whole lot of hate towards the kB. I came on here, tried to find the answer for myself But after a while of digging I figured I’d just ask you guys. I thought if I just added octane boosters and then had meth injection I’d be safe, but people were saying they could only drive their kb cars hard for about 10 min.

MICHAEL PENDRISS

Reaction score
What wood you like to know, i have a 2.1 posing 15psi boost on a built 347 with meth injection

OP
OP
I

Irate

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to reply, I’d like to have a reliable track car. Relatively speaking. Right now it does just fine, I have confidence it will hold up for 4 or 5 20 minute sessions and the 20 minute cruise home. What I want is to make about 425 hp ish with the same amount of confidence. So kind of in limbo between E85, meth, or terminator head swap, or whatever other suggestions there are to make it happen.

OP
OP
I

Irate

Reaction score
It’s somewhat down the list of mods @ the moment so if the true answer is all forged internals so be it. My first track day was earlier this month. I quickly realized a new seat and pedals (for heel toe) are what will help my lap times in the immediate future. 1:50.75 was my fastest lap on big willow according to RaceChrono. If you guys have been to willow springs I’d love to know your lap times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online