mounting point for a 3 point harness?

teal95gt

Reaction score
is that hole for mounting a 3 point racing harness on my roll cage?

qXsIV8i.jpg

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
Sure looks like it. You could also use the seatbelt mount.
I am trying to get some insight into the harness world. I do not know where to really install them etc or what to buy. I want a 3 point and ditch my belts and mount it to the roll cage seems like it would work.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
Im just trying to visualize where i would install the single strap of the 3 point on my car the roll cage seems too close to the seat but idk lol

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you are a larger fellow the seat shouldn't sit that close to the roll cage?

You could also weld on a harness mount instead of using the bolt mount like so:

harness2.jpg

I've never seen a 3 point harness mounted to a mount like the one in your cage though so I can't really comment on that.
Most of the time 3 points are mounted to the seatbelt mounts.

buckets1.jpg

Unless there's a way to remove all the slack in the harness, I don't see it properly mounting to the cage.

RichV

Reaction score
I don't think that's what that is. A harness mount/tab should always be in the direction of the belt when you're in the seat. That one looks to be pointing down.

A 3-point is stock no? Aftermarket harnesses are 4/5/6, that I've seen anyway. I know there is a 'Y' harness, but it is not legal for the road course.

What cage is it?

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've never seen a 3 point harness mounted to a mount like the one in your cage though so I can't really comment on that.
Most of the time 3 points are mounted to the seatbelt mounts.

buckets1.jpg

Unless there's a way to remove all the slack in the harness, I don't see it properly mounting to the cage.

This is NOT the safest way to mount up the 3-point harnesses. 4/5 point harness can sometimes be mounted like that but I think for a 3-point, this is a no-no.

Take a look at the Schroth installation guide as it is exactly what I used when installing my 3-point harnesses. I ran mine to the rear attachment point for the rear passenger shoulder belt, at the C-pillar.

Here's a pic of mine for reference.
196536_1601160668899_659897_n.jpg

Also, if you are planning on streeting your car, go with the Schroth harnesses. They are a little more expensive but they are DOT approved and a lot safer for a road-going car than standard harnesses. And on top of that, harnesses can be a serious pain on the street. Been there, done that. I would def do it again because they are kinda cool, but not on a daily. Just my 2cents.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
That tab is for a seat brace . A lot of the guys that are shorter need the brace against the back of the seat ... I'm kinda talk so the back of my seats is already against the cross bar

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
So a good spot in my fox would be where the rear seat brace used to be I'm guessing I'll take a pic later to show what I'm asking about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online