Mustang Rear Bumper Inserts

teal95gt

Reaction score
I was just curious as to what company's bumper inserts fit the best, I want black stainless but I would settle for black vinyl if it fits into the letters perfectly. I have polished stainless from American Muscle on it right now, but I blacked everything out and wanted to change it to black to match the theme of the car. I noticed the SS inserts I have on now do not really sit right and the cuts are a little bit off. I just want to know mainly what would get seated into the letter best vinyl or SS and what company?

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
thanks Chris, I noticed they didn't have regular black SS inserts just Polished SS or Black Chrome. I just emailed them to ask about the availability of black SS inserts.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I got my black stainless inserts from AM when they were on sale.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
they should carry gobs and gobs of options. so just let me know. :)

yea they responded really fast I was pretty surprised haha, they said they offer them but most go with black chrome. I don't know if I wanted the black chrome though I want to sort of match the glass black Rims I will have when I get the ride back. I have it all planed out haha gonna repaint the lower valence and tear off the existing SS Inserts for the black ones.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yea that's what I have on now but for some odd reason they do not sit correctly in the inlay.

Odd. Mine fit like a glove.

IMG_20130704_121048_689.jpg

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
yea it's kind of messed up I always see the 99-04 inserts fitting like your car, the 94-95 sits different idk wtf the deal is with that.

joekd

Reaction score
I have black chrome ones on my car, can't remember right now where I got them but they fit perfect

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
Also was curious as to how to remove existing SS inserts in a manner which will not damage the paint?

joekd

Reaction score
Heatgun and patience is about the only way I know to remove them

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Got my SS inserts from AM. They're heavy duty. Look great, pita to install and you better make sure they're straight or you're going to go nuts trying to adjust them.Heat gun worked for me when i needed to adjust the positioning of the letters.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
When I get my car back hopefully this week almost a month in the shop now. I am going to attempt to remove the existing SS inserts with fishing line a blow dryer and soap and water/goo gone and then sand and scuff them up reapply 3m backing then primer them and paint them with the same black I'm going to do my lower valence to have everything match (gloss black like the saleens I am having put on) I am really anal about this type of stuff haha.

joekd

Reaction score
Going to be hard to fishing line them since the area is recessed, I still say heat gun is about the only way you will have any luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online

No members online now.