Mustang SN95 3.8L

ronis

Reaction score
I have a few questions I have a 02 3.8l and wanted to know if I can use an after market K member that says it fits the 4.6l from what I have researched it does but wanted to confirm.

Another question is: Is the K member the same between the 99 convertible 3.8l as a 2002 3.8l coupe. With my 3.8l coupe I bent the k member and a partially on the frame rail about .5 inches and might need to switch over suspension, my upgraded diff and motor/transmission into a vert 3.8l shell if all parts would be the same.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Only the mounts are engine specific. You should have no problems using that aftermarket crossmember with your 3.8. Which one in particular is it?

I’m not aware of any differences between the coupe and convertible crossmembers. The convertible cars had some additional bracing to eliminate cowl shake, I believe.

OP
OP
R

ronis

Reaction score
It is a bmr one part # KM741R and i got some spring perch seats also. I bent my k member and have a little frame bent trying to fix it but if not going to buy a vert shell. So just trying to see if I can use the bmr k member for the vert if it comes down to me buying the convertible

OP
OP
R

ronis

Reaction score
Is that bracing something i can transfer between k members?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
@lwarrior1016 isn’t that the k-member to have?

This part would, in effect, do the same thing as the convertible brace. Add a pair of subframe connectors and you’d have a stiffer chassis. You won’t have the inherent stiffness of the coupe’s roof to help out but it would be a good foundation.

OP
OP
R

ronis

Reaction score
Okay great if I can’t get my frame straight enough on my 3.8l to be driveable imma buy the vert shell. As long as KM741R fits on the vert. I am going to use KM741R on the convertible shell I am going to buy.

OP
OP
R

ronis

Reaction score
One last question would any parts be different on the coupe vs vert containing the drivetrain and rear end?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online