Need 1998 gt full wiring schematics

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Some of you know that I am replacing my stock ecu with a Megasquirt 3. A problem that I am running in to, I had my car torn apart at a friends house and he threw away my engine wiring harness. So now I am needing to build my entire engine harness, but I really need to get the pinouts and schematics for the stock ecu. I would like to find schematics and pinouts for the entire car if that is possible. If you guys could point me in the direction of them or if you have a copy that you would like to share with me it would be great.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
for a job like that I think I would get an oem manual for that year myself to be sure it was right and to have something to reference. I have one for my 94 but obviously the wiring will not be the same by any means.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
for a job like that I think I would get an oem manual for that year myself to be sure it was right and to have something to reference. I have one for my 94 but obviously the wiring will not be the same by any means.

Do you mean an OEM service manual? Where did you get yours? It has all of the wiring schematics for the car and all the pin locations for the computer right?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got mine off of ebay with a simple "94 mustang oem manual" and found a used set. Yes they are more expensive then a Haynes manual but I call it my mustang bible an there isn't much that a dig through there has not found me. I would recommend a used set not only to save money but because if you get the right one they sent out printed notes to go in the manual later that are attached on mine. I did a search fo 98 and and not much came up. Mine was a 6 book set I think I gave around $80 for but the electrical/vac book alone is great for individual pics of harnesses and pin outs of each one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-MUSTAN...OEM-/131540271299?hash=item1ea06940c3&vxp=mtr

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I second the OEM Factory Service Manual. I bought a set (well, two sets actually) when I first got my Mustang and they have been invaluable since. It will have everything you need. My set (for a 95 GT) includes two manuals, one is very thick and is called "Service Manual" and the other is a lot thinner and is called "Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Guide." I don't know if your year will have two separate manuals or have them combined or whatever.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I don't know how many people will see this but I recently got the hookup to a connection that can get me pretty much any wiring schematic we need. Itll come straight from automotive troubleshooting software. If anyone needs help please let me know and ill see what I can get.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online