NEED HELP WITH LOWERING MY RIDE!!

StangerBanger

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently installed a bunch of new suspension parts on my stang, in the pursuit of improved handling and a more aggressive look. The installation of all of the front end components went great! And the car sits exactly how I want it to in the front. However, putting the rear end togethdr has proved to be a little more difficult, and to top it off, tthe rear end isnt noticeably lower at all. (The car has 1.5"drop springs front and rear) so now my car is sitting on a rake.. and since my rear wheels are already an inch bigger than the front, I already had a slight raked look.. so now there is just too much rake , it looks ridiculous. .I need advice! What am I missing?? Ive heard that the springs are supposed to settle, but im not confident that they will settle as much as I want them to. I also have upper and lower aftermarket control arms on the rear, and brand new shocks. Any and all input is appreciated! !

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are the springs installed facing the right way? Pigtail towards the rear.

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Are the lower control arms adjustable?

What brand of springs?
Is your car a coupe, if so, did you purchase convertible springs (which are often stiffer and will cause less drop on a coupe)?

Did you install springs correctly? Ends must be pointed a specific direction for both sides.
I believe the bottom side must be pointed towards the driver's side - anyone else please correct me if I am wrong.

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
The pigtails were installed facing the rear, but I have also heard they are supposed to face the drivers side? Not sure which is the correct way.. the control arms are non adjustable, and im almost certain that the springs are meant for th coupe (eibach sportlines) my car is a coupe

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Try making the springs face the other direction and see if that does anything. You could also go with a set of adjustable control arms with spring perches to get more low.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
the pig tails should point to the drivers side, which as said puts them at the rear of the mounting point.

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
After turning the pigtails and trying them in multiple positions, I still see no difference In ride height. The rake on the car looks goofy because the front is so low now. Not sure what to do.. considering getting 2" lowering springs for the rear.. any thoughts?

lutter94

Reaction score
Can you post some pics? Both full body shots to show the ride height, and close ups of your springs installed.

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
Anybody here not running isolators? Mine are polyu, ive considered removing them, But im afraid of them making noise. Ill try to post pics from my desktop later on today

HuskerGT

Reaction score
I've been without my oem rubber isolators for a while. I did wrap the ends with a heavy-duty type electrical tape as some have suggested to do. No squeeks.
Made sure my pigtails were facing the driver on both sides

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I've had no isolators and I have no noise. I cut a bike inner tube and slid it down each end of the coils... One should be enough for all four springs on both ends. And as mentioned above, photos will help us to help you!

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
20150216_181152_zpstob2ldy7.jpg.html

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
That is how the car sits now, and a pic of the coil.. it was dark when I got home so I didnt bother to jack up the rear end.. I will take better pics of the coils and LCAs tomorrow

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online