Need some recommendations/suggestions

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Mustang604, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Mustang604

Mustang604 New Member

Hey Mustang Enthusiasts,

I have a '94 Mustang GT convertible and this is what has been done to it: cold air intake, H pipe exhaust no cats, aluminum under drive pulleys, timing set to 14 degrees, 4.10 gears with Trutrac posi.

Any recommendations for what would be a good next performance upgrade? I can't afford to supercharge it or turbo it right now, so what else would be good to compliment my current upgrades?

Cheers

2. evilcw311

evilcw311 Moderator Staff Member Staff

Heads, cam, intake. Unfortunately that's the next big thing to make a difference but will cost you almost as much as a supercharger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 96blak54

96blak54 Legend

He didnt say headers! So ill say it.....

Hey man......headers

There, I said it.

Grab a good set of headers and when youre really ready, swap out the cam. Headers will accent the cam

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

4. Mustanger

Mustanger Well-Known Member

You didn't mention suspension work or upgraded brakes...they make an equally enjoyable addition to the performance of your car...especially with a vert. I love the MM full length subframes, the rear LCA's & either Koni adjustable shocks & Struts or Bilsteins. The LCA's really plant your car & eliminate wheel hop on accel & around corners. Is your car lowered? I love the looks & improved handling of mine when I dropped it 1.5" with Eibach ProKit Plus, of course you can go lower if you want...Don't forget the MM Panhard bar & your rear axle will be really stable!

I added Front Bullitt 13" brakes & Cobra rear brakes (HPS pads & Baer Decelarotors ) with a Cobra Master cyl & saw a dramatic improvement over the stock GT brakes... so if any of these mods have not been done...they reall help the fun factor & safety of your car! You will then be ready for that Turbo or super charger of new Heads, Cam & Intake! Don't forget a chip or tuning setup after all this! Good luck & have fun!

5. ttocs

ttocs Legend

whats the budget?