Need wiring schematic or diagram

Rosqoe

Reaction score
Mustang-94-95-Underhood-Fuses.gif
The fuse labeled audio will blow randomly
At which time my alternator stops charging my battery. I'm trying to see where the yellow wire that come off that fuse goes can't see to find a schematic for power distribution for the engine bay fuse panel

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it powers the deck and the amps if you had the mach amps. I would start back behind the radio myself. Look for bare copper and for wires shorting out going to the deck. Don't be afraid to get a little rough and pull/yank on the connections to be sure they are solid. IF that all looks good look below the radio and see if the front amp/cross over is still in there. Its not uncommon they are left in there and they are known to have power problems.

OP
OP
R

Rosqoe

Reaction score
Ok makes me wonder why the alternator stops charging the battery when it blows

OP
OP
R

Rosqoe

Reaction score
I have no plans of having a radio in n the car if I knew why it was affecting the alternator charging I'd honestly just cut the circuit if I could

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you sure its the audio fuse and not the alt fuse right next to it? The radio fuse should mean you loose power to the radio but it has no function to the alt that I see

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is the alt fuse. It goes straight to teh yellow/white wire that is in the 3 pin harness on top of the alt. From there it goes into the alt for the sensing and switching circuits. Trace that wire as far as you can and be sure there is no copper showing. If you had done any work on it recently you might look at the wiring around it to be sure that it isn't shorted around it. If all that looks good you can try measuring resistance on the wire or try swapping the alt out and see if it goes away. You could probably just swap the voltage regulator and it would be good.

OP
OP
R

Rosqoe

Reaction score
I was counting the first one as being cig illum since I don't have a beer thank you I'll start checking the wire I took the alt to advance has a lifetime warranty they said it tested good twice

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its easy to mix up if you start from the wrong end of the box and count the spots. The fuse schematic shows the convertible top breaker in place, but if you do not have the vert there is no spot for it. If you count the fuse in its place as you go, you end up at the audio fuse instead of the alt

OP
OP
R

Rosqoe

Reaction score
Well I deloomed the alt wires from the alt to a 4pin connector at the fuse panel no bare wire how would itest the wire for resistance?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pull the fuse out and then you can test from the one terminal, to the harness on the alt. Just put the meter to resistance and then one terminal in the harness and the other in the fuse hole. One side of the fuse should show open, the other side should show hopefully a low resistance.

it will sound a little stupid but start the car and wiggle the wire harnesses and see if you can get the fuse to blow.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Test from the terminal to a ground point. That will let you know if it’s shorting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Rosqoe

Reaction score
Wire showed 0ohms on my multi did a continuity test got a steady beep gotta put it all back together tomorrow gonna do a big 3 while I'm digging around

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Shouldn’t have a steady beep when testing to ground. That means it’s shorted out to ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
as he is saying stick one side of the meter in the harness for the wire and touch the other end to ground. The next time it blows that fuse when its hot, repeat the process although you might need to measure from the fuse spot to ground.

OP
OP
R

Rosqoe

Reaction score
Ok I did a continuity test from the alt plug to the fuse socket not to ground

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
we need to test both. One tests if the wire is broken or has corroded and developed resistance and the other is if its shorting out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online