new edge decisions get in here guys

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
ok i have been delaying getting a new edge for quite awhile now and i have no idea why me and the lady want one and im trying to really decide what way to go....

i wanted a cobra because i have always wanted one and i like the new edges and i figured if i was going to buy a newer mustang i should make it something with value ....so heres my decision

do i get a 99 or 01 cobra i have been looking they go for around 15k here

or do i get a 99-04 gt and put the blower on it?? gt's range around 9-10k and the blower i want is 5k

so i figured they are going to be around the same money ....if i get the cobra it wont see mods for awhile soo....will the 2v satisfy me?? being blown ...it claims 400 hp and torque....what do you guys think?? it has been bogling my mind for days now and im burnt out thinking about it please help

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
01 Cobra is your best bet. A cobra is a better all around package. Do what you like but I would definitely spring for an 01. Plus you wouldnt be stuck with a Mustang bumper like David LOL!

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

What your gone do whit the car ? if it's principally daily driving I think the Cobra is a better choice, if you compare whit a GT, you get better brakes, better seats, IRS, and 320 H.P., also it will keep a better resale value, but a GT whit a s/c can be very fast whit a good tune, I know a guy who run 11.60 whit a Vortech in a GT 99-2004.

Late4Work

Reaction score
Well i own a 03 GT and want an 01 Cobra(i want 4V's).......but i want to pro charger mine before i get one......so yes just get an 01 Cobra and save up for some mods, u will be happy with the decision.....Scarface u got anything

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
Late4Work said:
Well i own a 03 GT and want an 01 Cobra(i want 4V's).......but i want to pro charger mine before i get one......so yes just get an 01 Cobra and save up for some mods, u will be happy with the decision.....Scarface u got anything

yeah i guess having the 4 valve platform would be nice even if it has to be stock for awhile....

and i would like the 03-04 cobra but damn its just out of the realistic price range for me....kinda wishing i didn't spend 22k on my truck :( should have got a beater and the 03.... :-\ ....i like the 03-04 mach's but again there on the high side and i really dont want to get into debt that large at least i got 20k for my truck i dont need 2 vehicles over 20k lol if i went for the 03-04 mach or cobra i would just finance them and save my money incase i got into a jamb down the road....i think my focus is realistly on the 99 or 01 cobra or a sc gt ....the car will most likely be a after work weekend toy for me and the lady....my 94 will be my track vehicle and the 93 hopefully will be gone soon sooo...that leaves a place for another pony

QTRHRSE

Reaction score
the Cobra didnt get better seats until 03.

I still say get the Cobra though. Better overall car, except the weak IRS.
The blown GT will be faster, but the 4-valve has tons more potential in the long run.

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
QTRHRSE said:

The blown GT will be faster, but the 4-valve has tons more potential in the long run.

i like my seats in the 94 haha so im sure i will like any seat :hammer:

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
99-01 cobra all the way. i have two friends with new edge gt's, both with prochargers, and both of them with problems.
i do not know anyone personally with a N/A cobra, but i would bet it would be better all around. you cant beat those 4 valves!

Bluextc

Reaction score
My take on it... I went from a 94 GT to a frggin 03 Hyundai Sonata :-[ to a 2000 GT. Don't regret my decision at all to go from the Sonata (which as a nice family car, but no fun), to the 00 GT, but now that I've got her... I long for a cobra, but love her too much to give her up for a Cobra. Don't get a new edge GT if you are thinking Cobra, cause you will get attached and never get your Cobra. Just get yourself the Cobra, even if you have to wait, at least you are still in a GT until then, not a friggin Sonata.

QTRHRSE

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
QTRHRSE said:

i like my seats in the 94 haha so im sure i will like any seat :hammer:

yea i like my 98 seats too... i actually like the SN seats way better than New Edge seats...

but the Cobra didnt get a specific seat until 03

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

Here the interior of a 2001 Cobra, it's not GT seats :

p53348_large+2001_Ford_SVT_Mustang_cobra+Interior_View_Seats.jpg

I think it's a matter of taste, but whit the Cobra you got a more interesting base and a better resale value.

FUK_N_JUNK

Reaction score
I say find a Bullit and toss a Kenne Bell on it... that's my future dream!!!!

smokeybear

Reaction score
go for what you can afford. I have a 03 gt It has the cobra stile seat in it. I would love a cobra but like blue said the gt grows on you. The first thing I would do on a gt though is up grade the brakes

SMOKE

Reaction score
Another vote for the Cobra .... for all the reasons listed.

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
el docum said:
Hello,

Here the interior of a 2001 Cobra, it's not GT seats :

p53348_large+2001_Ford_SVT_Mustang_cobra+Interior_View_Seats.jpg

I think it's a matter of taste, but whit the Cobra you got a more interesting base and a better resale value.

+1 I like the 01 seats

The 99 seats are the ones that are the regular GT's. They started the cobra exculsive seats in 01..but they arent the same as the 03/04.

Schiffy

Reaction score
Get a Bullit or Mach 1. the only thing the Cobra has over those is the IRS.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
BadBlack95GT said:
Get a Bullit or Mach 1. the only thing the Cobra has over those is the IRS.

yes MACH 1's are sweet tho

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online