New in Oregon

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Kat, what did you do, invite all your friends?
We now have a whole new gang of Oregonians! LOL

And maybe it's just luck, but every Oregonian I've met has been totally cool!
Welcome every one of ya.

Heck, bring more of your friends! lol

OP
OP
Katstang

Katstang

Reaction score
Kat, what did you do, invite all your friends?
We now have a whole new gang of Oregonians! LOL

And maybe it's just luck, but every Oregonian I've met has been totally cool!
Welcome every one of ya.

Heck, bring more of your friends! lol
I didn't but that's cool! Lol.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
from what the media shows us it looks like one big antifa gathering going on out there :) just ignore me until I say "I am being serious" is a safe rule...

OP
OP
Katstang

Katstang

Reaction score
from what the media shows us it looks like one big antifa gathering going on out there :) just ignore me until I say "I am being serious" is a safe rule...
Still? I don't know, I know there were riots in Portland, eugene and everywhere over the George floyd. More likely just because they wanted to tear shit up tho. But that has been awhile ago.

Gregomatic

Reaction score
"More likely just because they wanted to tear shit up tho.

See, I always wondered how many of the 'protesters' leaving a path of burning destruction are actually card carrying, Soros funded bussed in and out folk, and how many are just local bored thugs just showing up for the party.

Sure am glad you live in a good part of Oregon. I love the fall there, once yu guys get a good hard frost and the trees start turning, dang, that right there is beyoootiful!!

Hope your weather is holding out alright for ya.
Here in Kansas it's been SO nice for December!
Love me some of that global warming!
LOL

Does your top seal pretty good in the winter?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well, Kat, Scott doesn't always say when he's being serious, but once you start to figure it out, he's a barrel of fun.
I don't say "I am being serious" till I am really being serious. My friends know at that time to take me serious just because it is so rarely that I say it. They look at me with a look of excitement that they can tell our other friends about something that was only rumored about(like they saw bigfoot), combined with a look of fear because they know something could very well be terribly wrong...

OP
OP
Katstang

Katstang

Reaction score
See, I always wondered how many of the 'protesters' leaving a path of burning destruction are actually card carrying, Soros funded bussed in and out folk, and how many are just local bored thugs just showing up for the party.

Sure am glad you live in a good part of Oregon. I love the fall there, once yu guys get a good hard frost and the trees start turning, dang, that right there is beyoootiful!!

Hope your weather is holding out alright for ya.
Here in Kansas it's been SO nice for December!
Love me some of that global warming!
LOL

Does your top seal pretty good in the winter?
Well no not really cause someone decided I needed 7 slashes in my top right after I bought it, but actually even with that it's not too bad, but aside from that, both of my certs leaked in the same place, there's a supposed seal above the windshield where the top meets, and it seems to let water travel right down it and inside the door somehow and I end up with a soaked leg. Frickin hate it. I put a piece of tape at the end and it leads the water over that spot pretty well.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
water gets stuck in your door because the drain holes at the bottom of it are clogged. Take the door panel off and clean out the bottom of the door panel(or for short term get a small screw driver and poke/clean out the holes) so it can drain properly and it will not have that problem with water in the door. The doors are designed to be wet but also designed to drain when they get wet.

OP
OP
Katstang

Katstang

Reaction score
water gets stuck in your door because the drain holes at the bottom of it are clogged. Take the door panel off and clean out the bottom of the door panel(or for short term get a small screw driver and poke/clean out the holes) so it can drain properly and it will not have that problem with water in the door. The doors are designed to be wet but also designed to drain when they get wet.
I am fully aware of that whole thing from my last vert, but that's not what I said, it's that water runs down the seal on the roof above the windshield where the top meets above you're head, and drips just right to slide in the top of the window and soak my leg, both of my verts have had the exact same issue.

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Dang that sounds like it would be aggravating. (and I hate the feel of wet clothes)
My friend fixed his verts leaky seal with this silicone like stuff called seal n peel.
It's actually for like sealing house windows, but it kinda reminded me of rubber cement in that if you wanted to, you can slowly just peel it right back off.
He didn't want to get a silicone mess that was permanent.

Where was your car when the top got slashed? That's such a drag. I just don't get that type of mentality. Sorry that happened to you.

Gregomatic

Reaction score
I wonder if they make something like an iron on patch you could temporarily repair your top with. I'd be trying to patch that with some rip-stock canvas and rubber cement or something. Leaks are such a pain.
I had a '64 Ford Fairlane that started to smell musty and dank like a cave. For the LONGEST time I couldn't figure it out. Searched high and low for a cause. Nary a clue.
Then my friend lost his knife while riding in the back seat so we pulled the back seat up to look for it
A sneaky leak in the back window seal let water run behind everything and into the floorpan under the seat where there was over an inch of standing water trapped.

It even had a green algae ring around it.

Yeah, leaks suck!
Hope you have some luck with yours!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sound like the seal is bad at the window/windshield? A little rtv might work as a band aid but they do make those now.

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. I too have a 98 convertible and coupe. Same color as your convertible. You enjoy this forum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online