New 'kid' here

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Hello fellow SN95 owners. My name is Ryan Kienzler. I am a 17 year old high school student.

Yes I know I am young, and I surely do not know everything. So if you see me post something that is not accurate, PLEASE, correct me, I am open to being corrected and would love to learn more than I do and expand my already growing knowledge of Mustangs.

My passion is Mustangs, my uncle really started my addiction, He had a white 1966 Shelby Hertz GT350H when I was just 3 years old. He had to part with the beauty for finacial reasons but later, when I was about 8 or so, he got his hands on a mint condition black 1966 Shelby Hertz. He still owns it today, and I used to drool over it.. Actually... I still do, just not onto it ;)

Anyways since then I talked both my parents into getting mustangs. My dad has a 2007 Windveil Blue GT and my mom has a 2005 RedFire Mustang Convertible V6. I still enjoy cleaning them up weekly and detailing them for carshows to this day.

So my first car was a 1989 Mustang LX. It was a 4 banger with all the glory of a car that was owned, and abused, by a young kid that thought he was the coolest by slapping on a CAI and a cherry bomb. Oh and I can't forget the Summit Racing stickers on everything, and there wasn't one single Summit Racing product on the car. But hey, those add about 5 HP each right? Anyways, the car was a project car for me and my father. I was 12 at the time, and loved the idea of building a car with my father and swapping the 4 banger with its 300,000 miles on it for a 5.0. The dream almost came true. I spent everyday I could outside working on the rust and dents, bondo and a hammer being my friend. I learned general body repair from it, there was some repairable rust I fixed with a grinder wheel and filler primer, a big dent in the rear fender that was poorly repaired with a half assed bondo job, so I striped it to bare metal, banged most of the dent out, and properly filled the rest of it. I saved all the money I got from mowing neighborhood lawns for car parts. Saved enough to get a nice green 88' Lincoln town car with a mint 5.0 engine in it, to be later swapped into the hatchback. Well let's just say the motivation to do a whole engine swap was not there, my dad getting into local politics and running and winning a spot on our town council, him working more hours. It wasn't going to work. So one day I got to looking on craigslist, I had just turned 15 at this time. And then begins the story of my second, and current car.

I looked and looked on craigslist for trades and for sale ads. I gave up, couldn't find anything for cheap. My dad noticed my interest in getting another car and we talked about how the hatchback just wasn't going to work out, after all, all we had for a work area was a back yard, car sat on some blocks just to keep it off the ground, and that's it. So my dad found out that one of his friends, who owns a local body shop, had a 1994 Mustang GT that was abandoned by its owner after the owner rear ended someone going fast enough to do enough damage for the insurance company to total the car. Owner never paid for the repairs being made so the car was put in the back lot and sat there for 5 years until I came along. Now I never saw the car in person before pulling the trigger. I trusted that my dad, who had worked on cars moderately here and there his whole life, and whose brother, my uncle, had restored 4, yes 4, 1960's Mustangs in his mothers garage when they where in their 20's, knew what he was looking at. He texted me 2 pictures of the car, showing only one side. All you could tell form the picture was that the front tire was flat, the windshield wiper assembly was partially missing, and the pillar covers were gone. He said there wasn't much damage to the car and it only needed a fuel pump to be running. Silly me, I trusted him and pulled the trigger, handed over all of my lawn mowing money, all $20 bills, and the keys and titles to the green town car and the old hatchback. The total was $2000. $500 for the 2 cars, their scrap value, and $1500 cash. I got it home and didn't immediately regret it, airbags needed to be replaced, missing radiator mount, needed new wheels and tires, needed some body panels like pillar covers and side skirts. nothing undoable. Solid body, most importantly solid and straight frame. I am going to be creating a build thread for this car after posting this, all other details and nightmares will be included in there. So keep a look out for that :)

I'm glad to finally be on the forums. I have been lurking for about a year keeping tabs on some build threads. Figured what the hell and joined.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
welcome dude :wave:

any pics of that fox?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome brochacho. That was quite the read. Can't wait to see the build thread.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
She wasnt pretty. And I don't have many pictures of it anymore. I do still have a video I posted when I had it for a few months. I will ask you not to judge me after seeing it. I was a little cocky about having a car at that age. And I can't delete it because I no long have access to that YouTube account anymore but here you go.
Still working on the build thread now. covering everything up until now and then I'm going to reply to it with pictures of what it looks like currently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAyD6WjXl0I
I kind of miss that car. I used to take it for little "sunday drives" which consisted of going in circles in my 200x200 back yard, told my parents I had to do it so the drivetrain wouldn't lock up. haha

Also here is the video of the night I first got my 94 running. Spent all day from the second I got my fuel sending pump in to about a half hour past night fall working on it, and then had to go up and get some gas and got it running after dark. So worth it though. No better feeling then hearing it run after owning it for 2 years and it just sitting there. August 19th. A day to remember. Still not 100% sure why it doesn't idle. have to keep the foot on the gas otherwise it just dies, my dad had to talk me through driving it because im a novice at best with stick shift and the fact that it didn't idle did not help. haha
Video my mom took: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152173221343378&set=vb.534883377&type=3&theater
Videos I took: http://instagram.com/p/dNywzXqB5l/
http://instagram.com/p/dNywzXqB5l/
And I had no power steering at the time of this video so I kept stalling it while steering... haha http://instagram.com/p/dXd3AZqB7K/

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Nice intro! I'm 17 aswell, my 95 GT is my first car. It's definitely been a great experience, love the damn thing. That's good your into working on it and shit. I've been trying to do everything on my car by myself to keep labor costs down. It looks good though, I want the hood you have lol. Your car looks exactly like mine did when I first bought it last year minus the headlights, hood, badges and anything else that's not stock on yours. Got a good starting point. Can't wait to see a build thread, good luck with it!

Caboose302

Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. I've been around Mustangs for 12 years and still don't know anything....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online