New member - Greetings from Virginia!

VTyson08

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm a new member from Virginia and I'm also relatively new to the SN95. I've lurked a little bit in the past but decided it was time to register and introduce myself and my 1995 GT. I bought the car rather cheaply in November, 2014 as a "rolling project" but haven't made a lot of decisions on what direction I want to take it yet. Most of what I've done to this point has been taking care of problems and long overdue maintenance items but I've had time for a few ergonomic mods along the way. Here's a little synopsis of what I've been up to so far (along with some pictures).

First off, while I'm not working on the 95, I'm probably working on one of these guys. The 07 GT is my daily driver and the 93 Bronco is a long term project that has only recently become roadworthy again. The Bronco has undergone an entire frame-off restoration. It was during the 5.0 engine rebuild that I was inspired to go find a 94-95 GT to play with.
11889505_10103736305186313_6460109401223951763_n_zpsa56fcz9v.jpg

1383990_10101991626366653_724816497_n.jpg

Anyway, on to the 95!

1122141136_zpsniyqmhtc.jpg

As far as fixes go, the first thing I did was change most of the fluids, particularly the coolant. While I was at it, I replaced the water pump and some of the hoses as well as installed a new front crank seal and harmonic balancer repair sleeve. I wouldn't be surprised if the coolant that I flushed out of there was original to the car. It was absolutely disgusting!

Meanwhile, another glaring problem when I bought the car was that the instrument cluster was only partially working...no tach, and NO BACKLIGHTING! Upon quick inspection of some labeling on the back of the unit, it looks like a previous owner bought a refurb cluster and the company sent them one from a 96 by mistake. While I'd certainly like to find a 94-95 cluster at some point, I repinned the harness to work with the 96 unit in the meantime. Worked like a charm! While I was at it, I also replaced all of the backlighting bulbs with LED’s.
0114151919_zpsaavwojwb.jpg

0110152053_zps9bll8ufy.jpg

Over last winter and into early spring, I tackled a lot of odds and ends - brakes, struts, hubs, EGR solenoid, fuel filter, etc. I even had time to do a few simple mods like installing installing a short throw shifter handle and a console from a later model car (with cup holders). The paint I used for the console isn’t an exact match but it’s okay in most lighting conditions. I’ll work on finding a better color matching solution at some point in the future.
0207151700a_zpsrpnffkl8.jpg

2015-08-08_zpsipg71dhm.jpg

Nothing was overly taxing for the most part. Then I encountered my biggest headache to date. I replaced my power steering pump and pressure hose and the pump immediately became noisy during acceleration through the first couple of gears. This was definitely worse than typical 90’s Ford power steering noise but oddly enough, wasn’t very noticeable at idle. About 500 miles later, the pump seized so badly (and very suddenly) that the belt drive actually ripped the pulley from it as I pulled out of a parking space at work. I hauled the car home, got another pump on warranty and installed it. Same thing. Screaming pump and catastrophic, pulley throwing failure as I was leaving a driveway...only this time, the pump only lasted about 250 miles and the pulley was damaged when it was flung to the ground.:BangHead:

0317151154_zpsr8juead4.jpg

Fed up, I took the second pump back for a full refund. I had bought another pulley from a junkyard and was required to buy a pump with it. So I just decided to use that until I could decide what to do next. The junkyard pump is also screaming like a banshee but so far, it has outlasted both of the other pumps combined...and then some.

Anyway, seeing as I haven’t met a whole lot of folks in my area that seem to enjoy SN95’s, I finally decided that it was time to actually join an online community and share experiences with some other folks who “get itâ€. Thanks for reading. I’m looking forward to spending many hours in the forums!

stingracer

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

You sure keep your engine bays clean. Great project. I still have my original power steering pump so I have no suggestions.

Quick question. What is this?
Engine%20question_zpsrh9fuxcb.png

P.S. Love that Bronco!

OP
OP
V

VTyson08

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

You sure keep your engine bays clean. Great project. I still have my original power steering pump so I have no suggestions.

Quick question. What is this?
Engine%20question_zpsrh9fuxcb.png

P.S. Love that Bronco!

Thanks! I try to clean as I go because it makes the next job a lot easier...but there's still plenty that needs to be cleaned up on this 95! Haha!
The part that you see in the pic is the sending unit for the aftermarket oil pressure guage. Definitely not a super ideal location but it seems to work fine for now. I'll definitely be revisiting that when I pull the engine for a rebuild and have better access.

BTW: Very nice vert in your signature!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online